Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Release version http://bit.ly/SG9663DCfirmwareV1-49

will update the thread when there's a new beta

Note that using beta firmware will NOT void your warranty, links to previous release versions are included in the notes should you want to roll back

Last edited:
Finally got round to installing mine today, so will load this up and see how it gets on [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just taken a few random clips off the camera to check the footage. Before I get round to uploading them to Dropbox and sharing them here, I noticed that on one set the rear file is 2 named 2 seconds behind the front clip so DV wasn't able to switch between front and rear clips, because the file name was technically different.

I also noticed that there was no GPS data for the first clip that I copied - it just happens to be from the very first drive this morning leaving my house. Could it be that the GPS never locked on for the whole 2 minute clip? In the last clip the GPS data disappears halfway through...

Last edited:
I was wondering lately ( no stopping my grey goo now that THC dont hold it back )

Would it be possible to use the G sensor as a brake indicator instead of going thru OBD port to get that info ?
The G sensor i think can be used to get info at least when braking like a man.
The use of brake i can see useful to have in the footage, not least since GPS speed are so slow to update, so you have proof that you did actually try to stop and its something that can be hard to ascertain from video itself.
I would turn on G sensor on for that feature alone.

I've got some raw video files based on FW v1.18. With my rear windows being tinted, I really don't think it works to leave the EV settings as default, because first thing in the morning when it has only been light for about 40 mins or so, the rear cam is noticeably darker than the front.

Footage was recorded today in typical UK winter weather. Sunrise was about 7:20am with this footage being recorded at 7:58am.
Front - view RAW video
Rear - view RAW video

Next up is a clip from 8:21am, so about an hour's worth of sunlight - still dull and the rear cam still noticeably darker than the front due to the tint.
Front - view RAW video
Rear - view RAW video

Finally, a clip from lunchtime. The front and rear now seem to have evened out somewhat, but when viewing them side by side you can still see the rear is lacking compared to the front.
Front - view RAW video
Rear - view RAW video

Based on these clips what do you think I should change the EV settings to in order to get both cams more balanced?
When my wife was driving the car this afternoon she did think the cameras hadn't actually powered up, but I will double check the footage when she's home later to make sure its not her imagination lol!

There is definitely an issue with the camera FW. I loaded up 1.18 pretty much immediately after installing it a week ago, so I can't say whether it is 1.18 or a bug in an earlier version.

This is the second time this has happened in a week:
1) The camera doesn't power on after 5 seconds from ignition on.
2) It then does power on after a bit and stays on the boot logo for ages.
3) It beeps away and then says "please format the TF card".
4) It beeps again and gives me the option to delete all data.
5) I press OK and it boots up again without having fixed the issue.
6) The only way to force it out of this loop is to pull the power and put it back in. When it restarts all works fine again.

Here is a video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3riqczoawfbs9ou/20180225_164327.mp4?dl=0

Don't think so, I'm afraid

just watched your video and have sent it to the engineer to look at, if you see this happen again can you try something for me, press the power button to turn the camera off and then power it back on and let me know what it does then?

Don't think so, I'm afraid

just watched your video and have sent it to the engineer to look at, if you see this happen again can you try something for me, press the power button to turn the camera off and then power it back on and let me know what it does then?
Do I need to hold the power button down or just a simple tap of the button will switch it off?

I have run a few of those Toshiba 128 Gb cards as they was the cheapest 128 Gb U3 cards here, i have one in my phone, and i have tested one in my GC V3 for a couple of months with no issues.

Its also what i intend to put into cameras that support the size, sadly i will have to put on hold the expansion of my test suite of cards.

...I noticed that on one set the rear file is 2 named 2 seconds behind the front clip so DV wasn't able to switch between front and rear clips, because the file name was technically different...
I've noticed that as well. It's not limited to FW1.18 as I've gone back and checked prior videos and it's happened with 1.14 and 1.12 as well.

...I noticed that on one set the rear file is 2 named 2 seconds behind the front clip so DV wasn't able to switch between front and rear clips, because the file name was technically different...
I've noticed that as well. It's not limited to FW1.18 as I've gone back and checked prior videos and it's happened with 1.14 and 1.12 as well.
Thanks for the confirmation. Glad to know it's not just happening to me!

Back