SG9663DC install on a Tacoma

which fuses did you use for hardwiring? I also have a Toyota and unsure which fuse to tape. I am a first time dash cam installer.
Thanks so much!
a good one for key-switched power is the electric window circuit. for constant power, try the power locks or radio (the one that's constant, there are often 2 radio fuses).

DO NOT use heater/defrost circuits like fans/heated seats/mirrors/glass - that will potentially cause a lot of interference and instability for the camera because heaters and fans are electrically very "noisy".

a good one for key-switched power is the electric window circuit. for constant power, try the power locks or radio (the one that's constant, there are often 2 radio fuses).

DO NOT use heater/defrost circuits like fans/heated seats/mirrors/glass - that will potentially cause a lot of interference and instability for the camera because heaters and fans are electrically very "noisy".
Thanks for the information

This is very helpful. Thank you. I will try to install my DC this weekend.

which fuses did you use for hardwiring? I also have a Toyota and unsure which fuse to tape. I am a first time dash cam installer.
Thanks so much!

Yea, no prob. I'll snap a pic because I don't remember which ones exactly, but you can tell with the fuse map.

Thanks again! :)

0LqESbT.jpg

A better shot of the two fuses I tapped into using fuse taps for a clean and right way to do it setup. I don't remember which, but one dude is an accessory fuse meaning it's on when the key is in acc or engine on and the other fuse is an always on fuse. For example, brake lights.

Just to clarify; two fuse taps are required to run the Dual Cam set up?

Just to clarify; two fuse taps are required to run the Dual Cam set up?

No, only 1 power source is needed as the SG9663DC has 1 miniUSB Power plug that powers everything via the included power supply that has 1 cigarette lighter plug. (For 2017 that is)

When the future optinal (SGDCHW) 3-wire hardwire kit comes out in Q1 2018, then you’ll need two fuse taps. One Switched ACC and one Battery UNswitched source. Specialized 3-wire hardwire kit will still plug into the single miniUSB port on the main unit.

So the Cell Power is getting a 3 wire upgrade soon?

Back