SG9663DCPRO is freezing

RBM3

Reaction score
Country
United States
So my hardwired 9663DCPRO is randomly locking up. The image on the camera is frozen and none of the buttons are responsive. I replaced the main camera with another identical one that I had from a car we sold (cameras purchased at the same time). It was exhibiting the same behavior. I unplugged the rear camera and now it seems to be working better, but it's only been a few hours. I've had this installed for a couple of years and it's worked flawlessly this whole time until about a week or two ago. If the front keeps working I'll try replacing the rear camera unit to see if that helps. I hope it's not the USB cable because that was very difficult to route through the interior and to the hatch. Are there any known issues with the rear camera on these units causing the main camera to freeze up?

Hello I would agree it sounds like a rear camera communication issue, either the rear camera or the cable. If it’s not the rear camera try loosely running the spare or other rear camera cable. Contact us or open a support ticket if you need replacement parts.

So I unplugged the rear camera from the front camera. Everything worked fine for a couple of weeks. I then installed the rear camera from the other dash cam set and it's now been working fine for a couple of weeks. So it looks like it was the rear camera that was defective. Can I order the new version of the rear camera that comes with the 9663DCPRO+ to install with my 9663DCPRO?

So I unplugged the rear camera from the front camera. Everything worked fine for a couple of weeks. I then installed the rear camera from the other dash cam set and it's now been working fine for a couple of weeks. So it looks like it was the rear camera that was defective. Can I order the new version of the rear camera that comes with the 9663DCPRO+ to install with my 9663DCPRO?

Yes we can make a special sale for that we have enough spares but no listing. Send a private message or support email so I can send you a special link to checkout.

Back