ᴊᴏᴋɪɪɴ: Soon.

ᴅᴀsʜᴄᴀᴍᴛᴀʟᴋ: Are we there yet?

ᴊᴏᴋɪɪɴ: No.

ᴊᴏᴋɪɪɴ: Not yet.

ᴊᴏᴋɪɪɴ: No.

ᴊᴏᴋɪɪɴ: If you don't shut up I'm turning this product around and going home.

This dashcam better be the creme de la creme since they seem to be perfecting it before bringing it to market. YAHOO!

This dashcam better be the creme de la creme since they seem to be perfecting it before bringing it to market. YAHOO!
Yeah, that's a rarity in today's world where so many companies are attempting to be 'the first with the worst'.

well a lot of idling going on at the moment i an sure, saw one Chinese guy run his metal working factory alone, running in between the CNC machines and only sleeping a few hours every day.
Maybe he have more CNC machines that in the footage, but here a single machine worker are supposed to run 3-4 Machines at the same time producing or setting up for new stuff.

I some times ran my manual TOS grinding machine, and my keyway machine + the CNC lathe too, one year before that all i had to do was run my grinding machine.
So i was fired after the crisis really set in, and 7 months later asked to come back to do painting ( well also a bit of metal working too as in a Jack of all trades ) so i painted until they got a robot for that, not that it cost me my job, but working a robot 300 % slower than me and using at least 100% more paint to do the job, well that and a deteriorating health pushed me over the edge.

I don't mind smart, but then it also have to be smart, making stuff slower, using more materials and so hurt the enviorment more and using the poor human not getting worn down excuse, well that dont cut it by me.

no product is perfect for everyone, let alone perfect for anyone, it has been about fixing known problems though, not letting a product go out when there are problems that need to be resolved

Yeah, that's a rarity in today's world where so many companies are attempting to be 'the first with the worst'.

"Worst" is probably an overstatement but yes, definitely lots of issues/problems. Which a customer shouldn't have to put up with.

Last edited:
It was mentioned back in 4/2018 that the DR version will have similar specs/performance to the existing DC version.

Wait, so if the SG9663DC was released late 2017 but probably took a few years to develop, then when the SG9663DR is released, it will have hardware that is at least 3 years old? Wouldn't there be newer components that perform better by now (or have a way to detect problems with the sdcard)? Or is it like comparing a modern phone with an older camera, where while the phone may be able to take good photos and offer many new features, it's not as durable as the old camera?

Last edited:
The DC PRO i think are the same, the old DC don't have IMX 291 in both ends.
But even the old DC have alarms for missing or bad memory card.
The only difference in the DR have the 2 cameras on a wire so you can place the main unit out of the sun ( if you plan on doing parking mode ) or just hide it, for people that might grab it.

BUT DR and SG9663DC PRO should otherwise have same hardware, so really people should only wait for the DR if they have patience and really want that, or if they focus a lot on stealth which the DR will do better with its smaller camera units, but even this is marginal depending on the layout on your windscreen.
If you like me have a dotted area on top of the windscreen, then wedge cameras like the DC you can mount 2/3 of it on the dotted area and so only have the bottom 1/3 with the lens peek out below that, so that's also a very stealthy install.

Yes DC was replaced by DCPRO, if the DR had kept to the original schedule it would have been like the DC, we updated it though so it's more closely related to the DCPRO now, the delays now are only due to the current virus situation which has pushed all production back by 6 to 8 weeks, in the interim though we're getting some more done on the firmware prior to release

It was mentioned back in 4/2018 that the DR version will have similar specs/performance to the existing DC version.

Wait, so if the SG9663DC was released late 2017 but probably took a few years to develop, then when the SG9663DR is released, it will have hardware that is at least 3 years old? Wouldn't there be newer components that perform better by now (or have a way to detect problems with the sdcard)? Or is it like comparing a modern phone with an older camera, where while the phone may be able to take good photos and offer many new features, it's not as durable as the old camera?
On the flip side the DC and Pro have proven to be quite reliable and are well supported by the SG team and this community.
So any users will benefit from the firmware and hardware revision developments that have come about during this time. And it'll make things a little easier for the SG team to implement fixes across the range as the firmwares won't be too dissimilar.

Also, from what I've seen, there're not really any high quality twin remote units on the market yet so SG may still be the first to present a good solution.

Nor have I seen too many major developments in released products that would make me consider this range to be truly outdated. A lot of the newer chipsets and their products seem to only offer flashy features that don't meet with expectations.

Hopefully this will generate a move to development of more twin/quad remote setups that can be cleanly installed.

Pleased to wait ...Mobius still working ...remote cameras seem ideal to mitigate against sun damage in Sydney...hope there is a magnetic mount solution but i can work out a DIY solution.

But even the old DC have alarms for missing or bad memory card.

I was under the impression that people still have to periodically check their memory cards. Since accidents can happen on any trip, it seems like we'll need to check the card before every trip. Since the hardware doesn't have more modern features like cloud/internet integration, checking the card is a big process of getting the card out from the device and loading into another device. I'm not accustomed to pre-flight checks before each drive.

it seems like we'll need to check the card before every trip. Since the hardware doesn't have more modern features like cloud/internet integration
not sure what you're thinking is but a card can fail at any time with any camera, cloud or internet integration will do nothing to help with that, the camera will start beeping if there are card issues, we added that function quite a while ago

I'm not accustomed to pre-flight checks before each drive.
You don’t need to. I’ve left my cards in for a solid 10 months before without issue. If there’s a legit problem, it’ll warn you. Never hurts to pull it every month or two and confirm. Every press of the mark button (like I use when someone does something heroically stupid) reduces the amount of free space available to be written under normal operations anyway, so pull it occasionally, get anything off thx card you want to save, and then go put it back in and format it in the camera. Good to go.

the camera will start beeping if there are card issues
Yep, that’s a great capability.

not sure what you're thinking is but a card can fail at any time with any camera, cloud or internet integration will do nothing to help with that, the camera will start beeping if there are card issues, we added that function quite a while ago
That's good to hear. I expect cards to fail, as with any storage, but wasn't sure about being notified of it. I mention cloud/internet integration so I can just look at an app or webpage to see if anything is wrong or at least get a notification. Some installations of the DR may have people keeping the screen component in hard to reach places. It would also be convenient for the DR to automatically connect to WIFI so it's files can be easily transferred off it. For example, when I'm in my driveway, it'll connect to my home WIFI and so I can just browse to the storage card and copy out files.

an audible warning at the camera is going to be more useful than any type of cloud integration ever would be for letting you know there's a card issue

auto connect to wifi won't be happening

Are there any images as to what final pr will look like?

Back