SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Is it? Is it a different thing? WTF kind of response is that? And who ever suggested any company should ever "accommodate every petty whim of entitled table pounding users" regardless of practical considerations?
WOWWWW:eek::eek:

Thanks - what beta version does the release version equate to (for both V1 and V2)?

30, we have some further things we're working on which will apply to V2&V3 models but waiting on some SDK changes we've requested before we can do those

Does version 30 include further improvements to the AE tables? The release notes seem vague on that score.

Does version 30 include further improvements to the AE tables? The release notes seem vague on that score.

no changes to the table in the latest version, we have some other image related stuff we're waiting on the SDK changes for so there may still be further work on the tables ones we get those changes in place

30, we have some further things we're working on which will apply to V2&V3 models but waiting on some SDK changes we've requested before we can do those
Is the implication here that there will be no further development on V1 F/W (excluding bug fixes)?

Is the implication here that there will be no further development on V1 F/W (excluding bug fixes)?
bug fixes are never off the table, some of the things we're working on we'll need to wait and see if can be applied to V1, the memory allocation is a little different on the V1, not sure yet if that will be a problem, don't want to say yes if it turns out to be no so have to wait and see for the V1, things like fine tuning of the AE tables etc would still be doable in the V1 though as that's still within the current framework

...some of the things we're working on we'll need to wait and see if can be applied to V1, the memory allocation is a little different on the V1, not sure yet if that will be a problem, don't want to say yes if it turns out to be no so have to wait and see for the V...
A reasonable position.

no changes to the table in the latest version, we have some other image related stuff we're waiting on the SDK changes for so there may still be further work on the tables ones we get those changes in place

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased with the exposure improvements and other tweaks we finally got with beta 27 but once again after a very long wait for oft promised IQ improvements the new firmware arrives without them.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this point. Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased with the exposure improvements and other tweaks we finally got with beta 27 but once again after a very long wait for oft promised IQ improvements the new firmware arrives without them.

there are other IQ related changes between beta 27 and the latest release, just not AE table changes

that aside we're waiting on a new SDK and there are other fixes that have been done and shouldn't be held up pending that so releasing an update is beneficial regardless, I can tell from the download stats that a lot of people don't download the betas but do download the release versions

there are other IQ related changes between beta 27 and the latest release, just not AE table changes

that aside we're waiting on a new SDK and there are other fixes that have been done and shouldn't be held up pending that so releasing an update is beneficial regardless, I can tell from the download stats that a lot of people don't download the betas but do download the release versions

Well, I'm looking forward to checking out V.30 either way.

For me it's just that in my environment with my particular vehicle the camera still struggles with high contrast/high dynamic range scenarios like no other. You may recall that last winter we hardly got any snow in my region so I wasn't able to do much testing under those conditions. This year the snow won't quit. As before, the camera gets overwhelmed when transitioning from a shaded area to a bright area, especially with snow in bright sun and this driving scenario is common where I live. Again, let me say that this as WAY better than previously but sometimes not so great. The specific issue is that things can happen right in front of you in broad daylight that get obliterated by the glare. This is why I've been waiting for the promised improvements and tweaks and thought based on many of your comments that we would have them by now.

sample.jpg

FWIW, here is a simultaneous screen shot from the Mobius 2 (WDR-Off) . While the M2 certainly has its own shortcomings that need to be resolved the important thing to note here is that the M2 maintains good capture of the road all the way out in front of my vehicle in this challenging lighting scenario while the SG9665GC doesn't.
M2.jpg

there are further contrast adjustment options in the newer version

Thanks. As mentioned, looking forward to testing them out. :)

Interestingly, the M2 seems to have a tendency for too little contrast while the GC seems to often be too contrasty. Both would be better off somewhere in the middle by default.

Interestingly, the M2 seems to have a tendency for too little contrast while the GC seems to often be too contrasty. Both would be better off somewhere in the middle by default.

if you find one of the contrast options to be better middle ground let me know which setting works best for you and we'll have a closer look at what the defaults should be, the contrast tables are ridiculously complex, not sure if it's just the way Novatek do it but it's not very straightforward to understand let alone adjust

Is there a recommended setting for v2 with CPL on latest firmware?
Start from the default settings and adjust as you like, I don't believe everyone has the same ideas about what the best setting is, it's very much personal preference

Start from the default settings and adjust as you like, I don't believe everyone has the same ideas about what the best setting is, it's very much personal preference
Thanks, would it be best to lower if anything, to compensate for the CPL? I'll obviously try all settings but it would be good to get an idea which way to try and take the setting to compensate the slight darkening of the image. (If needed at all on the latest firmware)

you might prefer a bit lower contrast, either way if you decide on some other setting please let us know what works for you

Back