SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Well, I guess we have proof of the overcompensation of yellow....

Recovery 6 minutes later when I got off the highway:

Jokin has the original in his inbox.

That's a perfect demonstration of the RGB color shift compensation overshoot phenomenon I've been talking about. Mobius fixed this problem straight away during the initial phase of firmware development. As I recall it took a couple of minor updates to get it completely sorted out.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that when driving past a red vehicle the color could shift to green/cyan on the Mobius. Some time ago someone posted a Mobius clip where driving past a blue truck caused the image to shift to yellow before recovering and here we have a yellow truck causing a shift to blue. So this problem, regardless of which camera it appears in doesn't have so much to do with which particular color it shifts to but more likely how the camera decides which value to apply against the RGB LUT.

Last edited:
Mobius fixed this problem straight away during the initial phase of firmware development. As I recall it took a couple of minor updates to get it completely sorted out.

in which model, M1 or M2? was thinking I can roll back to whatever versions that was looked at in and have a look at the before and after but can't find any mention of it in their release notes for M1, can't find any release notes for M2, if M1 I'm not sure it's completely sorted or it wouldn't get that green colour shift at night that some users have complained about

apmpR.jpg

apmpT.jpg

Interesting. I have also recently noticed the subtle colour shift.
The following video is from yesterday's drive, you can see after I pulled up behind the white car, the video changed from warm to cool temperature. And when the white car pulled away from me, the colour changed from cool back to warm again. No yellow car in this scene.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwaIgQZ9qvzfbEVvaGVUUXRudU0/view?usp=sharing

Interesting. I have also recently noticed the subtle colour shift.
The following video is from yesterday's drive, you can see after I pulled up behind the white car, the video changed from warm to cool temperature. And when the white car pulled away from me, the colour changed from cool back to warm again. No yellow car in this scene.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwaIgQZ9qvzfbEVvaGVUUXRudU0/view?usp=sharing

that's the white balance changing as the scene changes, expected result

that's the white balance changing as the scene changes, expected result
Right, I suspected something like that. Cheers Jokiin.
Doesn't bother me though, just an observation.

P.S. BTW have you received my returned SG9665GC + CPL filter? I posted it on Monday.

P.S. BTW have you received my returned SG9665GC + CPL filter? I posted it on Monday.

not yet, tomorrow maybe, mail is slow these days, I don't use express for the return side, main concern is getting the replacement out quickly, for the return I can wait

in which model, M1 or M2? was thinking I can roll back to whatever versions that was looked at in and have a look at the before and after but can't find any mention of it in their release notes for M1, can't find any release notes for M2, if M1 I'm not sure it's completely sorted or it wouldn't get that green colour shift at night that some users have complained about

It was early on in the first phase of firmware development of the Mobius 1 and had been going on for a few revisions. For example, I still have a revision history on my computer that says, among other things, "V 0.44 - Adds further WB stabilization tweaks".

It was early on in the first phase of firmware development of the Mobius 1 and had been going on for a few revisions. For example, I still have a revision history on my computer that says, among other things, "V 0.44 - Adds further WB stabilization tweaks".
will have a look, I have a copy of every Mobius firmware version

There it is again! I'm a bit surprised it is that sensitive. What I mean is the yellow truck in your video is a relatively small size in comparison to the overall image. I remember when the Mobius had this issue the shifts would be more likely to occur if a larger percentage of the FOV was filled by a yellow, blue or red object like in @Feitelijk's video.

Curious to find out if my theory about the RGB LUT calculations are the culprit. I guess one way or another all firmware issues are a mathematics problem. :)
Mobius uses different hardware so may or may not hold any clues anyway, something else to investigate though

Well, it's still Novatek, no? That may offer a clue of some sort.
different model, maybe it's something to do with it, CMOS is different also though and the features and implementation may differ as well, hard to say but something to look at regardless

different model, maybe it's something to do with it, CMOS is different also though and the features and implementation may differ as well, hard to say but something to look at regardless

I understand. I guess I was speculating that there may be some programming conventions within a single chip maker's product line. But what do I know? :)

I understand. I guess I was speculating that there may be some programming conventions within a single chip maker's product line. But what do I know? :)

some things are directly the same across multiple chipsets, some aren't, (a lot of the fixes we've done will apply to the new models which on a different processor altogether), the chipset used in the Mobius is from the same family as ours but theirs is single channel, ours is dual so there will be some differences, CMOS sensor is obviously unrelated

some things are directly the same across multiple chipsets, some aren't, (a lot of the fixes we've done will apply to the new models which on a different processor altogether), the chipset used in the Mobius is from the same family as ours but theirs is single channel, ours is dual so there will be some differences, CMOS sensor is obviously unrelated

Thanks for explaining more about how this works.

Man, I haven't updated the fw on my SG9665GC v2 in a few months but I am blown away at how much better the night recording is on it vs. the Blackvue DR650S I just bought for my other car!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back