SGZC12RC-V2 Videos: Day / Night / Car Park etc. + Download links

Will recive my sgzc12rc any day now :).
But I wonder what happens when the G-sensor is on and it is triggered. It protects the video clip but does it indicat in any way that it has been triggered? (so I know when I get back to the car)

Cloudy Morning

Thank you Niko for the extensive video samples from SCGZ12RC
By any chance would you have examples of the buffered motion detect in operation?

Best
Edward

I'll send you a private message worth the special update procedure. Check your inbox in a bit.

Mind if you could let me in on this special procedure? :)

Sorry, I didn't saved them. Maybe @russ331 can help out at some srage when get a chance ?

If a file is moved to the Event folder, how does the SGZC12RC manage space? Does it touch the Event folder at all ever in terms of deleting files or each time an event is created, there is less space for the circular buffer of standard recording? Or something else.

pre-buffer happens in RAM (not on the microSD card)
If you have too many events, best to move that stuff off and format the card. If it happens too often get a larger memory card.

If a file is moved to the Event folder...

My 64 GB card currently contains only 11 files in the Event folder & 363 files in the Video folder. The card hasn't been formatted for a while, so for me the space taken by 'events' is not an issue.

So essentially it's necessary every now and again to check the Event folder as it will grow over time and no automatic cleanup takes place.

I see dashcamownersaus.com.au have the SGZC12RC on sale for $329 AUD. Is this a V2 model? Cheaper anywhere else? (I'm in Sydney).

Thanks @jokiin Out of interest, can you tell visually between v1 and v2? What firmware version is on v2?

So essentially it's necessary every now and again to check the Event folder as it will grow over time and no automatic cleanup takes place.
Isn't this how every dashcam works?

Back