Shadow GT680W

So, if one were to decide between a GT550W ($99.88) or a GT680W ($99.99) what would your suggestion be? In both cases I would be painting logos and anything that's not black with plastidip... I was pretty convinced with the GT550W over the VF960/G900 ($99.90) but now the GT680W came into play and I'm undecided yet...

There has been good feedback on gt550w already, but nobody from this forum members has yet tested gt680w. If gt680w specs "on the paper" will be proven with real tests, then myself like its much smaller from factor. But we can make conclusions after let's say dozens of gt680w buyers will give their feedback here.

I have analysed raw video files and wide view angle is impressive. You can see total 8 car lanes standing on the stop-sign.

View attachment 1406

Next footage shows can see and read numberplates from second left lane moving car.

View attachment 1407

I myself believe, also the image quality is very good, to be 12.5kbps is spectacular, I hope to have the balls and the money to order one of these this week.

So, if one were to decide between a GT550W ($99.88) or a GT680W ($99.99) what would your suggestion be? In both cases I would be painting logos and anything that's not black with plastidip... I was pretty convinced with the GT550W over the VF960/G900 ($99.90) but now the GT680W came into play and I'm undecided yet...

personally i'll choose GT550W. GT680W might be made by unknow factory; the quality might be poor..

personally i'll choose GT550W. GT680W might be made by unknow factory; the quality might be poor..

My eyes say more. the images are clear and sharp, to be?, crystals? the software? hadware?

My eyes say more. the images are clear and sharp, to be?, crystals? the software? hadware?

Manufacturing quality is also important, it depends on where you live. My DVR-207GS got cooked while sitting in the car on a sunny hot day about a month ago. The plastic is all warped and the screen hangs slightly crooked. It still works, but the right side of the video is now out of focus. I'm guessing the warped plastic moved the lens out of its correct position.

Don't get me wrong, I think that day most cameras would've succumbed to the heat so I'm not leaving any dash cam in direct sunlight from now on. But I still would like to buy something with a proven track record to avoid this kind of surprises as much as possible.

Manufacturing quality is also important, it depends on where you live. My DVR-207GS got cooked while sitting in the car on a sunny hot day about a month ago. The plastic is all warped and the screen hangs slightly crooked. It still works, but the right side of the video is now out of focus. I'm guessing the warped plastic moved the lens out of its correct position.

Don't get me wrong, I think that day most cameras would've succumbed to the heat so I'm not leaving any dash cam in direct sunlight from now on. But I still would like to buy something with a proven track record to avoid this kind of surprises as much as possible.
For regions with high temperature it is recommended to buy dash cams which using a capacitors instead of batteries.

Who is the real manufacturer? I know DOD just contribute to the logo only, so just forget about DOD. What is the relationship between TioTech and Shadow Tech? Seems TioTech only responsible for GT300W, but not GT400W GT550W, or GT680W? I can see Shadow seems the manufacturer of all these newer model?

Who is the real manufacturer? I know DOD just contribute to the logo only, so just forget about DOD. What is the relationship between TioTech and Shadow Tech? Seems TioTech only responsible for GT300W, but not GT400W GT550W, or GT680W? I can see Shadow seems the manufacturer of all these newer model?

We need to determine differences between manufacturer and assembler.
Many hardware parts even TioTech does not manufacturers themselves ( like CPU and other small bits and pieces ). TioTech is more like manufacturer-developer of motherboards, engineers new products technology concept, firmwares etc. Shadow ( like many others ) , - can buy "blueprints" or ready made "parts" from TioTech and assemble themselves.
Regarding GT680W I agree with you, - as I previously mentioned, - it is too early to say who is real manufacturer and who is assembler. Time will tell.

We need to determine differences between manufacturer and assembler.
Many hardware parts even TioTech does not manufacturers themselves ( like CPU and other small bits and pieces ). TioTech is more like manufacturer-developer of motherboards, engineers new products technology concept, firmwares etc. Shadow ( like many others ) , - can buy "blueprints" or ready made "parts" from TioTech and assemble themselves.
Regarding GT680W I agree with you, - as I previously mentioned, - it is too early to say who is real manufacturer and who is assembler. Time will tell.

Since Shadow has informed GT680W is not made by Tiotech, i guess this model may be made by Shadow themselve?!
Niko seems very familar with Shadow.. hope can help us finding more information

Since Shadow has informed GT680W is not made by Tiotech, i guess this model may be made by Shadow themselve?!
Niko seems very familar with Shadow.. hope can help us finding more information

I am not that familiar with them. Just making assumptions on bases of info from different internet sources, but as we all know those sources some time can not be trusted, thats why Iput up this questions on who exactly to call manufacturer and assembler ? If Shadow buys parts from TioTech, then CPU from TioTech ( A9 CPU ) and assembly is from Shadow ? However TioTech them selves is not a CPU manufacturer, they just silk-print on Novatek CPU their own text.

Best if Foxoffer would confirm for us who is true manufacturer, or lets say assembler.

I feel we rather call it Made "From" or "By" Shadow Tec / Seezeus and maybe moderators even want to open a new sub-forum " Shadow Tec / Seezeus ", because it's looks like there are more and more dash cameras produced from that source.

GT680w come with two mounts, new 3M Adhesive Mount released, this mount is much smaller than the suction mount.
The GPS version is also released, use external GPS module, can show speed data and GPS data on video.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 38
  • gt680w.jpg
    gt680w.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 42
The front LED and the "Speeding Warning" function in the menu look particularly useful... :p

I am not that familiar with them. Just making assumptions on bases of info from different internet sources, but as we all know those sources some time can not be trusted, thats why Iput up this questions on who exactly to call manufacturer and assembler ? If Shadow buys parts from TioTech, then CPU from TioTech ( A9 CPU ) and assembly is from Shadow ? However TioTech them selves is not a CPU manufacturer, they just silk-print on Novatek CPU their own text.

Best if Foxoffer would confirm for us who is true manufacturer, or lets say assembler.

I feel we rather call it Made "From" or "By" Shadow Tec / Seezeus and maybe moderators even want to open a new sub-forum " Shadow Tec / Seezeus ", because it's looks like there are more and more dash cameras produced from that source.

Agree. should have a sub-forum "Shadow" without menufacturer name. we always know brand name but cannot know exactly who make these products, right?!

because it simply just " DoD/tiotech/Shadow tec/Seezeus" and not get lost in a world of subforums.

because it simply just " DoD/tiotech/Shadow tec/Seezeus" and not get lost in a world of subforums.

Your idea of combining all named above is also interesting. It would be the same as GS _ _ _ _ - series sub-forum, despite few different manufacturers produce it.

Today I asked Seezeus Corporation-Sophie (Skype: xijiesi.corporation) which processor in the GT680W ?
She said: NTK650, we have firmware to make it update to the hi end
I asked: I looked at the description taobao.com there is specified A10 chip.What is this?
She said: actually , who knows A10, but I can say this is the best one in the car DVRS

Thanks for the feedback everyone. For now, I have renamed the sub-forum:
DoD/Tiotech/Shadow Tec/Seezeus

Depending on how it goes, splitting this up may make sense.

Since these cameras have almost the same characteristics and qualities each other (SLseries GTseries o similar processor and components) , it is easier to digest for vistantes and members. greetings and thanks for taking me into account my comment "DashCamMan"

Last edited:
Back