Sharing video from Viofo app

Dasher286

Reaction score
Country
United States
Viofo's website says "you can instantly share footage with family, friends, insurer, or the police just on site." I know how to download videos to my phone through the app, but the files are way too big to email and I've yet to find any kind if share feature in the app. I have an A129 Pro Duo, but I'm going to put that in my wife's car and get an A229 Pro soon.

Viofo's website says "you can instantly share footage with family, friends, insurer, or the police just on site." I know how to download videos to my phone through the app, but the files are way too big to email and I've yet to find any kind if share feature in the app. I have an A129 Pro Duo, but I'm going to put that in my wife's car and get an A229 Pro soon.
There is no way to share the videos through the APP, you need to download them to your local files and share them from your album.

Thank you @VIOFO-Support! Your customer support is one of the many reasons I'm coming back to your platform. That said, if I have to download a 150mb video for 1 minute of video from 1 camera (let alone the video from the other 2) to give to police and then find a way to share that to them, I wouldn't call that "instantly sharing." I understand that you'd need some sort of cloud service to do that. But is a share button that let's you send a highly compressed version through whatever messaging, email or social media platform one uses be too much to ask? Slap a big VIOFO logo on it and use it as free advertising.

Thank you @VIOFO-Support! Your customer support is one of the many reasons I'm coming back to your platform. That said, if I have to download a 150mb video for 1 minute of video from 1 camera (let alone the video from the other 2) to give to police and then find a way to share that to them, I wouldn't call that "instantly sharing." I understand that you'd need some sort of cloud service to do that. But is a share button that let's you send a highly compressed version through whatever messaging, email or social media platform one uses be too much to ask? Slap a big VIOFO logo on it and use it as free advertising.
We will forward this to our manager and this may be realized in the future, thanks for your suggestion!

You could share it by uploading to Amazon Photos then emailing an invite to view and if they need to keep the file they can download it.

You could share it by uploading to Amazon Photos then emailing an invite to view and if they need to keep the file they can download it.
There are lots of ways to share a large video, Apple has a few suggestions for iPhones:

Using Airdrop and selecting a TV is a good way to view a video on a big screen, selecting the policeman's iPhone is probably the easiest way to pass him the video. (Assuming he has an iPhone, which he probably doesn't!) .

But is a share button that let's you send a highly compressed version through whatever messaging, email or social media platform one uses be too much to ask?
A "Download HD" in addition to the standard "Download Original" would save some download time as well as saving sharing time.

Still wouldn't fit in an email though, almost no video will fit in an email, only links to videos!

And I think I would prefer to give the original to the police officer, even if it does take a little time, you probably only get one chance to give him the detail and if there is not enough detail because you gave him the compressed version, you may have missed your chance.

Maybe it is time to upgrade to a dashcam with faster wifi, so that downloading a 1 minute clip of 4K video only takes a few seconds?

Last edited:
Back