Shenzhen Avery Electronic - Are they ok?

leo

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi friends,

Any views or feedback about Shenzhen Avery Electronic Co., Ltd.

They are selling DVR-027 on Aliexpress for $48 and they claim its original. Item no is 384905500.

Thanks in advance

There is not much information on Shenzhen Avery Electronic. A good rule of thumb on purchasing from Aliexpress that I saw on a Russian forum is pretty accurate.

Look at vendors with 1000+ feedback. If the feedback is:
99-100% - good seller
98% - good seller, but if there is something wrong with it, they will not take it back willingly
97% - good seller, but if there is something wrong, you are out of luck
96% - a bit of a lottery, cross your fingers that your item will work, if not, you are out of luck
95% - a bigger lottery, buy only if the item you are interested in has a lot of reviews with positive feedback
94% or lower - never buy from these sellers

Shenzhen Avery Electronic has a feedback rating of 93.9% hence the risk is large.

leo said:
They are selling DVR-027 on Aliexpress for $48 and they claim its original. Item no is 384905500.

they are a trading company so could be selling anything, they will not have any control over the product, they're just a reseller

Hmm... I don't understand very well what you want to say (trading?, reseller?) because I don't speak english very well, but I believe that any store in the world can sell an original product.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Hmm... I don't understand very well what you want to say (trading?, reseller?) because I don't speak english very well, but I believe that any store in the world can sell an original product.

enjoy,
Mtz

I just mean they are just like any shop, they have nice factory photos in the their profile on Alibaba but they are not associated with the factory at all, they just sell products, no different to anyone on eBay or similar

jokiin said:
they have nice factory photos in the their profile on Alibaba but they are not associated with the factory at all, they just sell products,
Oh, I understand now. I know about this (another) dirty trick to put some factory photos to cheat the buyers and this is frequent in many shops. The Alibaba, Aliexpress or ebay should ban this sellers. Is something like false identity.
Their "factory" seems to be here. :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

I would warn against buying from alibaba or aliexpress.

In 2011 2200+ criminal traders were discovered and appearently its got a lot worse since then.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/newsbook ... ndal_china

Customers that have been ripped off on aliexpress.
http://community.aliexpress.com/archive ... 3e28932c33

I've bought from both only to find once I've sent money they go quite when asking for tracking numbers of the product.
Weeks go by and nothing. The other times I received things that were not what I had ordered and when I dare to question them for a refund they go silent.
I use another email address asking for a quote and they come to life. Its all one big con.

Why can't these sites be black listed so that we can't deal with them.

I will NEVER buy from China again.

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan said:
There is not much information on Shenzhen Avery Electronic. A good rule of thumb on purchasing from Aliexpress that I saw on a Russian forum is pretty accurate.

Look at vendors with 1000+ feedback. If the feedback is:
99-100% - good seller
98% - good seller, but if there is something wrong with it, they will not take it back willingly
97% - good seller, but if there is something wrong, you are out of luck
96% - a bit of a lottery, cross your fingers that your item will work, if not, you are out of luck
95% - a bigger lottery, buy only if the item you are interested in has a lot of reviews with positive feedback
94% or lower - never buy from these sellers

Shenzhen Avery Electronic has a feedback rating of 93.9% hence the risk is large.

I would say most of the positive feedback is from their own employees posting.

Here on this link shows that over 2200 criminals were posing as dealers on alibaba in 2011.
http://www.economist.com/blogs/newsbook ... ndal_china

This year in 2013 one forum with many up happy customers that have bought on aliexpress.
http://community.aliexpress.com/archive ... 3e28932c33

How about setting up a page that users in this forum have had good dealings with.

My thoughts are that I will never buy from China again. In future I will deal with Western countries and if
that means paying more then so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back