Shouldn't have done that.

Feitelijk

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
SG9665GC GT680W G90C GT300W
Usually I filter in bij the one-by-one principle.
But this woman got under my skin, first by entering the intersection without being able to clear it, and then she starts straddling the line to block other people from using the asfalt put there so that more cars can pass per green phase.
Anyway, judge for yourself:

I see their point. They knew there is a merge coming up, so they did not like anyone jumping the merge queue.

That's probably their thinking yes. but it that was the meaning then there would have been only one lane, now wouldn't there?
She has no business blocking two lanes.

I would have done the same thing. You are nearly at the end of the lane. Does the term "ritsen" mean anything to you?

("Ritsen" is the Dutch word for merging two lanes, just like a zipper).

Good point, seems to be women that try to keep you from filtering in.

This one was keen on keeping me behind her.

And I realised only after rviewing the video that this was the same woman. Perhaps I would have handled it differently.
She falshed her lights at me after the first corner:

And another woman, sorry for the dutch subs.
The woman in the red Ford Ka told me to go ahaid becaus she say the grey ford trying to block me.

People consider roads like it's their hereditary property.
Whoever is first can claim the lanes.
It's mine, you can't come in front of me on my property. ;)

I would have done the same thing. You are nearly at the end of the lane. Does the term "ritsen" mean anything to you?
You would drive in the middle of two lanes to block others? Have you noticed that she already goes to the middle on the intersection (at 0:52)?

You said "judge for yourself". So I did. And after looking at the footage I believe you should look at your own behavior before judging someone else.

I opened with: "I shouldn't have done that" and that I usually go one-by-one. So my behaviour has been scrutenised, do not worry.

But, you defend a lane blocker, which is not only antisocial but also illegal. And judging by the way she did it, it's a daily routine. You would do the same?

Driving in two lanes, illegal regardless of intention.

Driving makes people the worst they can be.
Nice and polite people at work or school become angry aholes when they are behind the wheel.
Same people will hold door for you in a restaurant or mall but they can't let you go in front on the road and risk an accident.
It's like bipolar disorder.
As a driver, I'm an angry, ego filled, mean ahole, but otherwise I'm a nice guy/lady. :D

Found another woman! This one was even wildly gesturing what kind of an idiot driver I was.

Nice car behind you in that last clip.

Look like driving up here, bumper to bumper and then ppl think " they can merge all they want but it sure as hell is not going to be in front of me"
And here in a situation you are supposed to merge at the last moment, doing so before is frowned upon for some reason.

Totally overlooking the fact that you do actually get more karma points if you let a car merge in front of you, and zero karma points for merging behind you.

But, you defend a lane blocker, which is not only antisocial but also illegal. And judging by the way she did it, it's a daily routine.

I do not defend anyone. I was overlooking the whole situation, based on the footage. And came to my own conclusion. You asked to judge it, so I did. Like it or not ;)

Jup, I just want to understand your point of view, Why would you block people by driving in the middle of two lanes?
They are there to get more cars through, if you start blocking the lane at the intersection you restrict the flow.

Driving in two lanes, illegal regardless of intention.

Driving makes people the worst they can be.
Nice and polite people at work or school become angry aholes when they are behind the wheel.
Same people will hold door for you in a restaurant or mall but they can't let you go in front on the road and risk an accident.
It's like bipolar disorder.
As a driver, I'm an angry, ego filled, mean ahole, but otherwise I'm a nice guy/lady. :D
That pretty much sums it up :(

it was clearly a merger, telling the left lane to shift right so a separate lane can join safely, she did what most sensible drivers should do and change early to avoid stopping traffic and to avoid people doing what you did, which was potentially very dangerous and also quite anti social. jumping down to the left, crossing solid white lines then cutting in isn't good practice. The correct thing to do would have been to slow and merge, as the road markings told you, not accelerate and barge in.

As for blocking lanes, your lane didn't exist, at that awkward moment between 2 and 1 lane, there will always be someone in the middle, the key I to get in lane early which is what road agencies tell you to do.

But lets suppose for a second she was completely in the right lane, where were you going to go when you drove past in the left lane? the road was going to run out right at that moment and you were going to have to merge anyway

I opened with: "I shouldn't have done that"
I don't see the word "I" in the title.
So I read "Shouldn't have done that" as meaning you thought the other person shouldn't have done what they did. Puts a whole different tone on things.

I honestly had trouble seeing why you were displeased. Lanes were merging. Nobody should be overtaking. Everyone should be yielding to anyone in front of them so the merge happens calmly. Whatever was going on ahead shouldn't have concerned you (provided they didn't stop for no reason.) Her driving was odd, but didn't impact you unless you were planning to be greedy by last second overtaking.

And I really don't see why the van driver deserved to have someone jump in front of him. (I suspect he allowed you in so there was no drama? I doubt he liked what you did though.)

Edit> There was one reason to be angry. Not enough warning of the upcoming merge.

Typical driving behavior all round. So WTF does it matter if one car gets ahead of you? That's why we're supposed to merge properly which speeds all traffic up, not just one person. When I see somebody behind me cut someone else up at a merge I become anti-social: I slow down just to PO that one driver though I'm affecting the many. And I just love watching their blood boil because someone treated them like they treat others but I turn my eyes, not my head, doing that so they also think I'm ignoring them too which really gets their blood boiling. I might just post some of those now that have a rear cam :p With my battered old van nobody chanced getting near me not knowing if I'd hit them or not, but I don't want to chance a scratch my 25 year old new van- it's a pretty thing and I'm keeping it that way :cool:

Phil

Back