Silicone Mobius weather cover

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you guys. I was a guinea pig and forked over $20 for the silicone case. The reason I went with this one instead of the JooVuu one, was due to the small compact size. I didn't want more weight on my helmet, and also wanted to protect the lens from particles even when it wasn't raining. I also need to charge my Mobius just about after every ride.

So I hacked an access port at the back of the case, to be able to charge the mobius without having to deal with taking off the silicon case every time. It worked well during light and heavy rain. Since the open port was in the back, water just seemed to wick away and never get inside, so I didn't bother covering it when it was raining.

For whatever reason, I took off the lens cap on the silicon cover and have been riding like that for a while. I didn't think it was a big deal, but it was. The lens piece seals against any small amounts of water trying to get in. Since I had it off, the water just crept in through the lens piece and all around the inside of the cover. The MicroSD card got water damaged and my battery charge may have been compromised. The Mobius took the rain like a champ though. It still powers back up and records. I will be upgrading my battery to the larger capacity one and swapped out the MicroSD card with another I had on hand.

In summary, the Mobius Silicon Case cover works great. You can even cut an access spot so you don't have to constantly take off the case when you need to charge it. However, note that the lens is a must to keep it water resistant. It worked during some pretty heavy rain for me with the lens in place.

My mobius is mounted under my chin, on the outside of my helmet, so it doesn't get hit with water from the top and is slightly shielded.

Back