sink flies in front of 1964 Corvette

CTSVOWNER

Reaction score
Country
United States
On my way to work I notice this pickup truck with stuff in the back. I see that it is not secured so I back off and let him go. I keep a close eye on him and sure enough, a porcelain sink comes out and smashes all over the highway in front of me. Narrowly dodged the small chunks that were flying all over. Had me sweating for a few moments there.

Nice save, as a fellow C2 generation myself ( 66 ) i would hate to see a fine car like that get ruined by some dumbass pickup driver.

unfortunately prosecutions for this type of thing are very rare and not seen as serious by the courts as i found out after a one and a half meter by one and a half meter piece of sheet metal flew off a lorry and vanished before falling out of the sky and wrapping around the front of my lotus elise at 70mph in what i cam only describe as a heart stopping moment fraught with danger....

looks like the truck driver here never stopped. may not have even known he lost the sink.

back in the 90s i had a full size wooden dining room table slide off a trailer in front of me at 70 mph. i'd seen it working its way back with every bump he hit, so i gave him loads of space. thankfully as it came off (it was upside-down on the trailer) the table surface just got a rough high-speed sanding as it slid smoothly onto the shoulder, and i had little chunks of wood and sawdust blowing at me. Conveniently, the state trooper right behind me very quickly whipped around me and pulled over the guy who lost his table. :D

Back