SJCam M10 as a dashcam

Destroying? How so?
Do they stop working in the camera and can never be used again or they just don't work there but still work in other devices?
Do you let the camera infinitely overwrite the files or you empty the cards every day or from time to time?
What brands and capacities have you been using?

The cards don't work on anything, I have tried Windows 10, Ubuntu and even tried formatting again in the camera. They have all been Trancend cards, 16Gb, 32Gb (this was the latest casualty) and a 64Gb.

After the 1st week, I had an issue with it not liking the memory card, so I formatted it. Then a week later, same problem, but it wouldn't format. I had previously emptied the car of its contents, but had just let it continue recording, as it was always set to "Car Mode"

Three cards from the same brand... Until you try with a card from a different brand you can't say for sure that's the camera's fault.

The cards all worked fine beforehand, it's fairly safe to say, it was a problem with the camera, too much of a coincidence for them all to break within a week of each other, after being used in the same device

Do you let the camera infinitely overwrite the files or do you empty the cards from time to time?

It was only in for a week and in that time, I emptied one of the cards. Looking at the cards, one of them was a Kingston 16Gb card

The camera has been sent back, I've ordered a Möbius to replace it and will then think about a GoPro, if I can justify the cost

If you ordered a Mobius you probably will never need a GoPro. ;)

Next time please open a support ticket. We just got back from Lunar New Year holiday (announcement).

I sent a couple of emails and never received any reply

Good news guys.

SJCAM M10 now has a full comprehensive user manual. SJ4000 Wifi manual will be uploaded today as well. Check out these manuals as there may be some overlapping functions and troubleshooting techniques.

M10 Manual

Remember you can also check the SJCAM forums for support. Also sign up for the SJCAM Blog feed

(...) I bought a mobius action cam instead, which is a shame, as the SJCam looks a lot better
And it is a lot better.

I bought a mobius action cam instead, which is a shame, as the SJCam looks a lot better
The M10 is another NT96650 / AR0330 solution, & differs from Mobius in that Mobius employs a higher quality lens & more developed firmware. Mobius also has a capacitor option, more discreet form factor, better support from its manufacturer, much more user-customisation via mSetup, & is easily user-repairable, with all parts being readily available.

@GJHS owns M10 & Mobius, & I don't recall him ever opining that M10 is better than Mobius. I've never seen any simultaneously shot side by side video comparison that shows M10 to be better.

Did anyone manage to get the motion detection work for you? My M10 could only detect about withing a 0.5 metre range. Any motion more than 0.5 metre does not activate the camera, and it is not really sensitive, does not work all the time. I am wondering if there is any firmware that could make the motion detection work better, so I can use motion detection after I parked my car. 0.5 metre range is too short.

sjcam_official can you make some firmware to improve the motion detection distance and sensitivity?

Newer models like M10, SJ7000 do not have the motion detection range of the older model SJ1000. Older model SJ1000 motion detection could detect a much longer distance

i tried using the device without battery and only using power through the 12v cigarette socket and it would record for like 5sec and would stop recording. Tried it with battery while plugged in and it worked perfectly. can someone advise me on the proper settings. I ddnt want to use the battery as it might get damaged in the long run.

i tried using the device without battery and only using power through the 12v cigarette socket and it would record for like 5sec and would stop recording. Tried it with battery while plugged in and it worked perfectly. can someone advise me on the proper settings. I ddnt want to use the battery as it might get damaged in the long run.
Are you powering the camera directly from the 12V? :eek:

are you using a converter to USB/5V?

I an not sure what that is. I am using a generic car charger you can buy from dollar tree if you are in America or Japan store if you are in South east asia

Back