SJCAM officials trying to "intimidate" websites - I want an apology

Pavle

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
So today I got this email from so called "brand" manager of sjcam.

Untitled.png

Not sure who they think they are, but I guess they think people are retarded.

They are trying to intimidate website owners without a single tiny shame.

Bellow is a screen shoot of email I, and few other similar websites received.

I actually laughed so hard, but this proves how deep this brand is sinking. If this is a brand manager, he needs to be fired. I am hoping his 3 year old son sent this email to me, otherwise, this is a rock-bottom.

This insults my insults and I expect them to issue a public apology to me an other owners for :
-thinking we are idiots
- trying to intimidate without a shame

Do your own war between competitors, leave me and other people alone you dickheads.

It is shame for them to do this, I know everything about this, but I will not say any word about this at current.
Why they only require you to remove gitup except blackview, xiaoyi?

his email makes it sound as though there was previously some association between the two brands, personally I'd know where I'd be telling him to stick his demands, they have no right to tell you what to do on your website

@jokiin Yes, it appears to be that they were connected in a way. But I do not care. What on earth I have to do with it? I never got anything from them. Not a single bucks or camera. I bought it myself.

To be honest, at first I laughed and deleted email. Did not want to bother replying. But then I felt quite disappointed. I feel sorry for their CEO, or whatever his title is. I hope he knows what his "brand managers" are doing.

Instead of swearing in the email, I decided to go public with it, that will teach them a lesson.

his email makes it sound as though there was previously some association between the two brands, personally I'd know where I'd be telling him to stick his demands, they have no right to tell you what to do on your website
+1

You can be held legally liable for what you place online, but until you receive an official "Cease and desist" notice from a Law firm or Court, I wouldn't worry about it.

Those who seek gain through intimidation make more enemies than friends and in the end they harm themselves more than you can.

Phil

I am not worried at all, its just huge amount of bull****. I laughed at first, as I said.
How do they think they can remove something that is actually a review of another brand?
Pure bull**** talk. Its like writing to NYT, asking them to remove their text about Pepsi, while you work at Coca-Cola.

Here we go again. I wanted to reply with a simple f... off, but lets see how many emails this so called "branding manager? will send.
one more.png

I wont bother replying to this idiot, but he is seriously testing my patience.

Perhaps they are allowed to take drugs at work? :) Who knows, I am tempted to troll them, but its not worth the time for sure.

I apologize for disagreeing with you, Pavle, but it seems they have a point: your site uses their brand name, so it's only natural that they don't like other brands being reviewed there. If you review differents brands of cameras why is the site called sjcamguides?
If I were you I'd simply change the website's name and the problem would disappear.
If there was a site called streetguardianguides.com, reviewing every dashcam out there, I don't think jokiin would be very pleased with it too.

My site has a disclaimer about that. I can call it whatever I want.

I apologize for disagreeing with you, Pavle, but it seems they have a point: your site uses their brand name, so it's only natural that they don't like other brands being reviewed there. If you review differents brands of cameras why is the site called sjcamguides?
If I were you I'd simply change the website's name and the problem would disappear.
If there was a site called streetguardianguides.com, reviewing every dashcam out there, I don't think jokiin would be very pleased with it too.

whilst I see your point unfortunately for SJCAM just about every knockoff version of their knockoff GoPro gets called an SJ something or other by every other copycat factory so sjcamguides is a lot more generic than if someone had streetguardianguides, again something that even if I didn't like it I couldn't control what people do with a website, even though our name is trademarked it still is something that you can't control

if he was doing something that was affecting their brand they'd maybe have a point, if anything he has helped their brand, bigger issue it seems is that the GitUp looks to be doing a better job than most of the SJCAM models, perhaps they don't want people working that out

My site has a disclaimer about that. I can call it whatever I want.
Is the disclaimer valid for trademark brands too? I thought trademark brands could only be used with authorization from the brand owners or if it's something related with the company.

I am not worried at all about them. Not a lawyer, and I do not want to even waste my time thinking about it. Simply I do not care.

But for their brand it would be much better if instead trying to intimidate independent reviewers and talk crap, they should roll up their sleeves and create better cameras. Their latest 3 models were totally below expectations, and I think that they are more focused on being afraid of competitors that are becoming better themselves.
One more proof in which direction this whole sjcam ship is going. It is sinking.
If they want to bother with my little website, I do not mind it. Bring it on.

Website domain can be changed, but poor product can not.

whilst I see your point unfortunately for SJCAM just about every knockoff version of their knockoff GoPro gets called an SJ something or other by every other copycat factory
But it's a different thing naming a camera SJ whatever from explicitly naming it SJCAM.

so sjcamguides is a lot more generic than if someone had streetguardianguides, again something that even if I didn't like it I couldn't control what people do with a website, even though our name is trademarked it still is something that you can't control
It would be generic if the site was called sjguides. SJ could be anything. SJCAM is a specific brand.

Look, I'm not trying to play the devil's advocate. It's just the way I view things.

Back