SJCAM officials trying to "intimidate" websites - I want an apology

@Pavle, just sell the site to SJCam. Then you will have money to continue your work on a new site with better name which can include any camera for review.
And keep your property for your guides so you can use them on your new site.

enjoy,
Mtz

@Pavle, just sell the site to SJCam. Then you will have money to continue your work on a new site with better name which can include any camera for review.

enjoy,
Mtz

mergers and acquisitions .... :cool:

Let **itUP do their own brand, but, why on their site are they mixing the two brands?

See the attached screenshots; This is unfair marketing by **tup:
Those screenshots are all of independent sites not under control of GitUp, if they choose to review or sell multiple brands on the same page then that is their choice, you can't control which brands they choose to display and shouldn't try to do so.

enjoy,
Mtz
Maybe the intimidation is an attempt to reduce the cost of buying the site, my guess is that it will have increased the cost!

your issues are obviously with whoever is behind GitUp, until this came about I don't recall any connection being made by anyone here, it only came to light when you made it that way, it seems whoever it is has some type of prior connection to your company and there's some type of feud going on, maybe GitUp are the bad guys, they don't look that way though
From the Gitup about page, it appears that they are a separate company called "GitUp Ltd", maybe that company shares an owner with the sjcam.com site which is clearly a retail site and in a different business but as separate company they should not be blamed for each others actions and in any case neither site appears to mention the other brand so the claims of mixing brands are invalid.

It does seem a bit odd that the manufacturer of sjcam brand products has created the sjcamhd site to sell its product direct, in competition with it's existing resellers!

We didn't mean to intimidate or offend anyone, but, please do not use SJCAM to promote GitUp on your homepage like this (See attached)

Please tell me you are joking? The script automatically pulls my latest video on YouTube. So If I record myself showing naked ass in the video, yes that would be on my homepage as well. If you are too blind to see that it says : LATEST VIDEO, your problem not mine. Nothing is going to be removed or changed, no matter if its GitUp, SJCAM or my naked ass, understand that. I do not ****ing care about your manufacturers. I care about people who read my blog. Its my hobby, I like it, and I enjoy talking with people and meeting new guys with the same interest in cameras.

If Apple sent a letter like this, would you say Apple was "bullying"?
Absolutely. I would do the same. I am a big believer in freedom of speech and independent web. From the day one, my website is about honest reviews, in-depth ones and not about brands as I said already.

Because, the whole world knows that Xiaomi and SJCAM has "zero" affiliation.
I had no idea, neither did anyone except you and GitUp that you were affiliated, but now we all know, thanks for announcing it here.
SJCAM never mentioned taking any measures against anyone so kindly asking materials to be removed from a Website which has trademark name in it is reasonable.
It was a threat, I saw it as one. If it was not an intent to be one, I accept your apology.

Yes, actually, I really like Pavle. Made sure his M10+ plus shipped out first as he was so patient and courteous.
I have never ever received a free camera nor a fee for any of SJCAM products from sjcam or sjcamhd. I never accept fees for reviews. I paid for all my SJCAM cameras except for SJ4000+ which was kindly provided by GearBest. I have never ever spoke to you about sending me free M10+. GearBest offered me one, but we have not yet decided when or if it will be sent.

If people here want I will be happy to provide all invoices and credit card statements that will prove I have paid for those items.

@Pavle, just sell the site to SJCam
I do not want to do that. I really like my site and I like the tiny community around it. I would be bored without it. It helps me improve my English while doing something I enjoy. And quite off topic, but you MTZ and few other members here helped me a lot and inspired me to create my own tiny blog, so thank you for that.

mergers and acquisitions .... :cool:
If this whole thing is about that, then sorry but I am not interested, not at all.

Finally, this topic is really making you all look like kids producing action cameras. You guys are barking at a wrong tree, and hopefully by now you realized that.@jokiin and @Dashmellow gave you very good advice.
I also believe that this topic is not leading us anywhere. It takes my time that I could use to write and make videos and it takes your @sjcam_official and @gitup from making your products better. Make peace and try to be better the competitors by creating better product, and not by being sneaky.

It is your mess with sjcam and sjcamhd, you should clean it. You should leave me and my site alone, since trust me it helps both of your customers. If on the other hand you want me to change a domain, I will do that but only with an official court order. I really feel offended by all this.

Last edited:
Ahhh @Dashmellow didn't see that I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was reading this scratching my head.

Ahhh @Dashmellow didn't see that I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was reading this scratching my head.

It truly amazes me how the practice of copying the ideas and designs of others has become so commonplace in the market that it is now considered normal and acceptable business practice. My dad was a manufacturer and during his time the notion was to innovate and create quality products that stood out in the marketplace and could stand on their own creativity and intellectual prowess. Nowadays, the notion is to make a cheaper version of someone else's unique efforts and hard work that consumers might confuse with the original. A good example for me was a recent visit to a big box retailer where I happened to notice that virtually all the different brands of vacuum cleaners on display looked almost exactly like the highly innovative and formerly distinctive Dysons. They say that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", but sadly, most of these clones are like drinking instant coffee compared to a cup of fresh ground gourmet brew.

We apologized in my last post to Pavle if he thought he was bullied.

The fact is, we were simply asking him to remove "***up" from a site that has SJCAM in the URL which is trademarked in over 100 countries in the world.

SJCAM brand is trademarked in over 100 countries in the world? Considering there are between 189-196 officially recognized countries (depends on source etc), you are claiming you have a trademark in over half the world?

If you do, fair play, if you don't - don't make false claims to make your point, I've done this before and it just makes you look bad.

I also believe the SJCAM brand is now owned by a German company (last I heard anyway though could have changed) but considering you are out of the EU it's next to impossible from them to do anything @Pavle

Anyway I'll leave it there, I'm going to go and trademark something in over 100 countries.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

They say that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", but sadly, most of these clones are like drinking instant coffee compared to a cup of fresh ground gourmet brew.
But just occasionally somebody comes along with something which is genuinely better and not just a poor copy. Sir James Dyson was one who did.

Normally, having multiple brands on a single website brings an increase in traffic due to being found in more searches and that leads to more sales for the better products, the SJCAM manufacturer should be pleased, not worried ... shouldn't they?

Sad to see that http://www.eshop-rychle.cz/kamera-pro-sport (sjcamkamery.cz) has now removed the GitUp logo from their banner, presumably as a result of the intimidation? That seems like unfair trading practice to me.

But just occasionally somebody comes along with something which is genuinely better and not just a poor copy. Sir James Dyson was one who did.

Yes, that was my point. Similarly, I've been noticing just how many laptop computers I see in stores that are looking almost identical to Jony Ive's brushed aluminum and black keyboard designs for the Macbook and Macbook Air. There are certainly many other examples.

Sad to see that http://www.eshop-rychle.cz/kamera-pro-sport (sjcamkamery.cz) has now removed the GitUp logo from their banner, presumably as a result of the intimidation? That seems like unfair trading practice to me.

I've not seen this web site previously, so perhaps I'm missing something but the GitUp logo, photos of the camera and a banner for the brand do appear prominently on this page. They apparently don't feel all "that" intimidated.

Last edited:
I've not seen this web site previously, so perhaps I'm missing something but the GitUp logo, photos of the camera and a banner for the brand do appear prominently on this page.
Mr Sjcam Official posted an image of it in posts #35 and #33 with the GitUp logo on the header which has now gone. I can see no reason whatsoever why http://www.eshop-rychle.cz shouldn't sell more than one brand of action cam, even if it does worry sjcam official!

Mr Sjcam Official posted an image of it in posts #35 and #33 with the GitUp logo on the header which has now gone. I can see no reason whatsoever why http://www.eshop-rychle.cz shouldn't sell more than one brand of action cam, even if it does worry sjcam official!

Ahh, I see. You are referring just to the header, not the rest of the content on the page. The logo does still appear on the page though, right along with SJCam's and GoPro, so I'm not quite sure what may have been accomplished, assuming removal of it from the header but I do agree with you at any rate.

gitup.png

Last edited:
They say that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" (...)
As in the music business, that statement is only true if the imitation is almost as good as the original. If it isn't, it's just plagiarism or, like you said, "instant coffee". :)

Off topic apology to the OP..................The problem is that these days pretty much everything is an imitation of something else, be it a TV, laptop, furniture, cars and yes cameras. I was in an electronics showroom looking at camera's (not dashcams) and all of them were rectangular cases with a lens in the middle, does that mean they all copied each other? I guess it does.

I was listening to a conversation on local radio recently where the presenter was arguing that we will eventually run out of unique music tracks due to every possible combination of notes being already used. He even played a number of tracks that sounded very similar to other tracks.

Off topic apology to the OP..................The problem is that these days pretty much everything is an imitation of something else, be it a TV, laptop, furniture, cars and yes cameras. I was in an electronics showroom looking at camera's (not dashcams) and all of them were rectangular cases with a lens in the middle, does that mean they all copied each other? I guess it does.

I was listening to a conversation on local radio recently where the presenter was arguing that we will eventually run out of unique music tracks due to every possible combination of notes being already used. He even played a number of tracks that sounded very similar to other tracks.

Saying that all the cameras have rectangular cases with a lens in the middle is like saying that all cars have four rubber tires and a steering wheel in front of a driver's seat. I believe this misses the point about what qualities go into a product that give it it's unique style and brand identity.

Arguing that we will eventually run out of unique music "tracks" due to every possible combination of notes being already used sounds downright laughable and reveals a complete lack of appreciation for what music is all about or understanding of why it will continue evolving into new forms just has it has for thousands of years.

Arguing that we will eventually run out of unique music "tracks" due to every possible combination of notes being already used sounds downright laughable and reveals a complete lack of appreciation for what music is all about or understanding of why it will continue evolving into new forms just has it has for thousands of years.
And still using the same 13 notes. ;)

And still using the same 13 notes. ;)
You don't need to stick to those 13 notes, in the real analogue world there are an infinite number of frequencies for creating new notes so it is impossible to run out ;)

You don't need to stick to those 13 notes, in the real analogue world there are an infinite number of frequencies for creating new notes so it is impossible to run out ;)
Don't get me started otherwise this thread will derail faster than a brakeless train and Pavle won't be too happy about it. :D

Not to mention the infinite possibilities in the digital and electronic worlds.

Of course, music is more than mere notes. It is rhythm, harmony, melody, structure, form, texture, pitch, beat, pulse, timbre, dynamics, articulation, etc.

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

Last edited:
Back