SJCAM SJ7 models

I have no problem paying 157but I need to know what I get !!!

I have no problem paying 157but I need to know what I get !!!
You will get the newer version. The older one was out of production 4 months ago.

We will ask Gearbest and other resellers to update their photos.

Attachments

• SJ7 Diagram.jpg
    SJ7 Diagram.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
You will get the newer version. The older one was out of production 4 months ago.

We will ask Gearbest and other resellers to update their photos.
Diagram image is from the online SJ7 manual btw.... we will send updated images to our resellers to upload. Hopefully have a picture of the side slots will clear up any confusion regarding which mic version the camera is...

Yeah, cuz they have pics for both models in the listing, which is really confusing.
The pic that you attached above, that is what they should use in their listing !!

In the voice of Jar Jar Binks, Mesa oldschool :D
IMG_20170915_164234[1]_big_thumb.jpg

Haha, as long at it works good.....

So far all i have found that can kill a SJ camera is submersion into a 5 feet deep fish pond, the Sj7 works just fine and i think we can make it even better with firmware.

With the waterproof case on ??

No without one, my friends damn hyperactive dog knocked the SJ& legend camera out of my hand and into his garden pond, and far enough out into the pond so the camera ended up on the bottom behind the 2" pipe that go from the pump and up to the filter, so it took a while to get it up.

I wish the damn dog had knocked the WP housing out of my other hand instead, i was just about to put the camera in there to film the fish in the pond.

Damn, that sucks.....did he at least buy you a beer :D ??

None of us touch alcohol unless its new years evening, so i will force him to open one of those nice Scottish single malts he have standing collecting dust as he for unknown reason like to drink Jack daniels.

But SJcams was so kind that they sent me a new Legend when they sent me the Air version :cool:(y)

That was nice on their part, too bad the guys at Gearbest can't be a bit more like them....it's been a while now and I still don't have answer from them.
Now they asked me to email some guy at facebook@gearbest.com and it's been 2 days and I still haven't received a reply.
It just makes me take my business somewhere else, spend my money on a SJ7 from someone that gives a sh!t about customers.

@sjcam_official , is the S6 Air a bit better than the SJ7 ?
I was watching some vids online and it seems to me the SJ6 Air has a better image stabilization than the SJ7
Is that something that can be updated through the Firmware ?

I think the 2 SJ6 models are much the same, and i was not really following why SJcams wanted to launch the air.
As i understand it the air are just 10 dollars cheaper than the Legend

That was nice on their part, too bad the guys at Gearbest can't be a bit more like them....it's been a while now and I still don't have answer from them.
Now they asked me to email some guy at facebook@gearbest.com and it's been 2 days and I still haven't received a reply.
It just makes me take my business somewhere else, spend my money on a SJ7 from someone that gives a sh!t about customers.

@sjcam_official , is the S6 Air a bit better than the SJ7 ?
I was watching some vids online and it seems to me the SJ6 Air has a better image stabilization than the SJ7
Is that something that can be updated through the Firmware ?

If you need gyro stabilization on 4k, then maybe go for the SJ6 Legend as it supports Gyro on all resolutions. Otherwise, sj7 supports Gyro on 1080p@30fps and 60fps. Yes, hopefully Gearbest gets back to you. You may also want to try banggood or aliexpress.

Hope this helps!

@sjcam_official, I'm not gonna shoot 4k, only 1080p.
Will there be an update for the SJ7 that will allow IS on more than 60FPS ?....I'm thinking 1080p 120fps.
And why is it that SJ6 has the IS on 4K and the SJ7 doesn't(just curious) ??.......Isn't SJ7 newer than SJ6 ??
Thanks a lot for the Banggood tip, they have the new model and it's a bit cheaper.

PS: do you guys know if the cam would be cheaper than this(157$) around the holidays ?
I'm not in a hurry so if I can save a few bucks, I'm all for it.

Last edited:
@sjcam_official, I'm not gonna shoot 4k, only 1080p.
Will there be an update for the SJ7 that will allow IS on more than 60FPS ?....I'm thinking 1080p 120fps.
And why is it that SJ6 has the IS on 4K and the SJ7 doesn't(just curious) ??.......Isn't SJ7 newer than SJ6 ??
Thanks a lot for the Banggood tip, they have the new model and it's a bit cheaper.

PS: do you guys know if the cam would be cheaper than this(157$) around the holidays ?
I'm not in a hurry so if I can save a few bucks, I'm all for it.

Okay, yes, if you won't be using 4k much then 1080p@60fps should do the trick....

Ambarella is only supporting EIS on these two resolutions for now. SJ6 uses the Novatek chipset and that does support stabilization on the higher resolutions.

Our own website won't be lowering the price but our resellers may be doing so. $157 is already the lowest I have ever seen it. With shipping included this is near the wholesale price.

Okay, yes, if you won't be using 4k much then 1080p@60fps should do the trick....

Ambarella is only supporting EIS on these two resolutions for now. SJ6 uses the Novatek chipset and that does support stabilization on the higher resolutions.

Our own website won't be lowering the price but our resellers may be doing so. $157 is already the lowest I have ever seen it. With shipping included this is near the wholesale price.

Yeah, Gearbest is really going all-out on some of their Harvest Sale items and their affiliate incentives are quite high right now too - and sometimes they're paying affiliate referral on top of being close to margins. I guess they try to make money with sales volume.

But you know, when I worked for a camera retailer here in Canada, our markup on a brand name DSLR would sometimes only be $10 - $20... on a $1,000+ product. With the credit card fees we'd be losing money... until the end of the year when we'd get a 'rebate' from the manufacturer for selling a high quantity. It really can be a cutthroat market - and that rebate wasn't guaranteed, only if we sold enough.

But you know, when I worked for a camera retailer here in Canada, our markup on a brand name DSLR would sometimes only be $10 - $20... on a $1,000+ product. With the credit card fees we'd be losing money... until the end of the year when we'd get a 'rebate' from the manufacturer for selling a high quantity. It really can be a cutthroat market - and that rebate wasn't guaranteed, only if we sold enough.

retail profits are nowhere near what consumers image them to be unfortunately

Yeah, Gearbest is really going all-out on some of their Harvest Sale items and their affiliate incentives are quite high right now too - and sometimes they're paying affiliate referral on top of being close to margins. I guess they try to make money with sales volume.

This is so true. GB is a publicly traded company. Their stock prices go up when they sell more volume.... I think they mainly just sell things though as opposed to fully supporting the cameras. This is where our aftersales helpdesk comes in....

Only the fruit company have a +100% profit on their devises, and that's only as the feed off weak people that dont know better.

I do suspect some Danish companies and stores are the same comparing the price on something here Vs what it cost in other EU countries close to me ( DE & UK ) or maybe that's just cuz out kingpin government have to get their cut of everything.

Back