SJCAM SJ7 models

So I guess I'll go buy the SJ7 from Banggood.

The guys at Banggood replied and said they have the model with the mic on the left side !!!
I guess I'll have to wait a bit till someone gets the new model out for sale.

The guys at Banggood replied and said they have the model with the mic on the left side !!!
I guess I'll have to wait a bit till someone gets the new model out for sale.

There is no new model with Mic on the left side.... ...

But maybe they still have the old model ??
I would go on your word @sjcam_official but I really don't wanna take a chance.
Anyone know where I can get the new model at a good price ?

But maybe they still have the old model ??
I would go on your word @sjcam_official but I really don't wanna take a chance.
Anyone know where I can get the new model at a good price ?
The older model has been out of production for four months now. I am not sure what that person was talking about. Can you maybe ask again and send the chat records to: tony.sosa@gmail.com ?

Thanks

I'll ask again and I'll forward the chats to that address.
May I ask who is that person ?

This time they said they have the new one :)
I don't know what's happening over there but we'll see when I receive it.

A quick update.....I received the camera yesterday and I did a few vids indoors.
I must say the quality is not bad at all.....I'll have to do a few vids outside too.
About and external mic, I had a 3.5 mic so I went and I bought a few adapters on Aliexpress.
This is the one that's working with my mic:
Code:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-USB-to-3-5mm-Microphone-Mic-Adapter-Transfer-Cable-Wire-for-GoPro-Hero-3-3/32692773124.html
If anyone wants to post this in the Mics sections, just go ahead.

Last edited:
Looks good but... No support for external power from the cable. The videos that I've posted are taken from literally hours of video. That is, I turned the camera on and later edited that material to the YT videos I've posted. Leaving the camera running produces a five minute snippet like this one:

More than once I've raised the question of a cable that does power and an external mic. So far, no luck on that score. I guess this cable could be fitted to the protective case with the external power connection port. Or maybe not. In which case, if it starts to rain, the camera needs to come in out of the rain. It's not even remotely weatherproof.

Well, if you really wanna have a Y cable like that, you can always buy this cable and change the male 3.5 to a female 3.5 and change the male USB 2.0 to a female mini USB !!!
Code:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB2-0-Mini-B-Male-to-A-Male-3-5mm-Audio-Adapter-AUX-Charger-Y-Cable-Black/291468184849?hash=item43dcdb8d11:g:OMIAAOSw6BtVS0MT

I don't understand which GoPro cable he's showning in the video. Does anyone know for sure which one it is?

Looks like a normal gopro FPV adapter he modify so instead of the FPV adapter having a AV out and a power in it have a MIC in and power in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CK50D0U

Sweet! I opted for eBay; Amazon gave a "when Hell freezes over" delivery date.

BTW, check out this way cool waterproof cable connection. This is by the same guy who did the FPV cable conversion.

When I adapt the FPV cable, I'll use shrink wrap to enclose the mini-USB's plug shell and also to cover up some of the wire. Add a couple of dabs of "Liquid Electrical Tape" to seal the open end, and there's a waterproof cable at the camera end. Because I'll cut off both of the other connectors, I can feed the wires through the existing watertight port. But... this idea is much easier to work with.

The same thing can be done at the mic and power connector ends, too, although they won't be waterproof. Unless the mic is wrapped with electrical tape. I carry my external battery in my jacket pocket. With the flap down, the pocket is waterproof. The only change I'll make is to convert to a regular USB male connector instead of having to find the right connectors for the FPV. Besides, I already of the USB plugs on hand.

Yeah those 2 plugs on the FPV adapter are the same servos and so on use in the RC hobby, but if you use the internal battery you dont need the 5 Volt wires, they ae just there to make sure the camera dont run out of power as after all when you fly FPV you control your thing via the AV signal that get transmitted back to you, so if you loose visual you are mucho screwed.

Remember what I said about the B186 video. I turn the camera on and capture whatever shows up. To do that I need non-stop power for at least 4 hours. It's much easier to mod the FPV cable once than mod the FPV and batt. USB cables

Back