Small pause and overlap at the beginning of all files

Just purchased and received this dash cam from Foxoffer. Installed and went for a test drive. The firmware is B40.20140523.001.

The file split is at default every 3 min interval. The "small pause", "jump" and "overlap" is noticeable and annoying. Just addressing my concern here that anything can happen during that millisecond frame and I hope if enough end users were to voice out, hopefully there could be an updated firmware release which can resolve this.

I will increase the split file to 5min interval to reduce the "overlap" frequency. Apart from this, I am still happy with the camera but with reservation. Fix this "bug" and I will not hesitate recommending to others!

you shouldn't be missing data, just there's a double up so should be nothing to happen in that millisecond

it is firmware addressable though I know

Has anyone found a solution to this problem at this point? Is there a firmware available the correct this? I'd like to purchase this camera, but I'm worried when I edit all the film segments together, it will not be smooth, and I'll have to do a lot of editing.

the one second overlap can be trimmed using Registrator Viewer
Yes.
But I remains a ghost frame that can't be removed.
We can deal with it, until firmware will be fixed ;)

Can you post an example of just the glitch?

I'm new to dashcams and looking to use this one for everyday insurance purposes, but more importantly to film fun drives on weekends with my local Mini Cooper group. I'm not familiar with the programs referenced to stitch together these 1/3/5 minute segments. If I don't require any post-processing, is there a way to batch the stitching of these files while removing the 1sec overlap? Over the course of a multi-hour drive with the Mini Cooper group, I fear I won't have the patience to manually remove 1 second overlaps over and over again. Otherwise this camera is exactly what I am looking for.... (perhaps I can deal with the small glitch) Many thanks!

Thanks very much. So basically deal with the glitch until new firmware (hopefully) fixes it and use the Registration viewer program to batch the segments together while removing the overlap.

Back