Smartphone versus popular dashcams

Thats no good. Thanks for the heads up!

Reliability is of course important! I just dont want to spend $200 for the Panorama and have to be confused with 10 variations and all that firmware updating.

Thats no good. Thanks for the heads up!

Reliability is of course important! I just dont want to spend $200 for the Panorama and have to be confused with 10 variations and all that firmware updating.

There will only be 1 Panorama G, and I'm beta testing new firmware that added MPH, & Day Light Savings time for the Automatic Time/Date GPS sync.
As far as multiple Panoramas, there is the II, S glossy shine, and S matt black. The only difference is the Shell.
The Lens and PCB / CPU are all the same. S added new metal support ring for magnetic CPL filter. (that's it) So that's only 3 types of the original.

Ah, I though there were a lot more variations than that.

I think I'm just gonna order the G1W and if its not acceptable, its only a $38 loss. I noticed the Panorama only comes with 1 year warranty which is the main thing to sway me. 6mo for $40 camera 1y for $200 camera? Eh. Could always tack on another $40 for a squaretrade 3y warranty, but then its 6x the cost..

Thanks so much for all of your input everyone!

Final questions - I swear. Is there tangible benefit to flashing G1WH to 15mbps firmware?

I got the G1WH from banggood for $38 shipped, and then of course just stumbled upon the info that G1WH -> 12mbps and G1W -> 15mbps. Is this only firmware or is G1W really better video? Too late now, just curious.

And FINALLY, CPL filter.. worth it? THANKS!

I figured I would mention that about 2 months later this thing is great. No issues whatsoever. Thanks for all of the help!

The only thing that kinda threw me off was that the files didnt autosave when you turn the camera off. You have to stop recording, then power it off. I'm not sure if that is normal or not.

Back