Snow = change all the rules you know

CrosstownTee

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
GS90C Ambarella A7LA70
... or so some drivers seem to reason...

Let's just stop on the roundabout to give way to a truck.
Why?
err... snow?

Stupid lady driver!!!! Doesn't she know she should ram that truck, die, and make her family rich via lawsuits?
:LOL:
:p

The car in the inner lane also had a right turn signal on, and was trying to merge right or exit.

I know it's a rare thing to see, and hard to identify, but I think she was just being 'cautious', maybe even considerate?

I had this happen near me a few months back, cars stopping on the roundabout to let someone onto it. it's dangerous when people on the roundabout are expecting to be able to continue round

Stupid lady driver!!!! Doesn't she know she should ram that truck, die, and make her family rich via lawsuits?

The car in the inner lane also had a right turn signal on, and was trying to merge right or exit.

I know it's a rare thing to see, and hard to identify, but I think she was just being 'cautious', maybe even considerate?

The truck had stopped at the junction, it only continued onto the roundabout because she (assuming it was a she) gave way to it.

yes but the truck should not moved forward, she "force" him to break the law, so i would just have sat there in my truck waiting for her to come to her senses.

It is nice and commendable when people are nice in traffic, but there is a time and place for everything and this wasent it.

The truck had stopped at the junction, it only continued onto the roundabout because she (assuming it was a she) gave way to it.
Hard to be sure, since the right hand car was obscured at that moment. Kamkar is right though, even if the car yielded, a good trucker would have refused to pull out until the proper time.
But there are bad truckers about. :(

I traverse some intersections often where it is next to impossible for trucks to make a turn onto a cross street, from a stop sign, unless the cross traffic stops, voluntarily. The cross traffic has the right of way, and is often so dense you can't make the turn. The streets are somewhat narrow, and there are metal guardrails along the cross street in one intersection I am thinking of. You need the whole intersection to make the turn in a large truck, which is kind of stupid, since it is in an industrial area near a LARGE TRUCK FACTORY.
:)

You can wait 5 minutes for a chance to make the turn, or if lucky, cross traffic will voluntarily stop, a 100 yards from the intersection, (No passing zone) and allow you to pull out, and turn. In the meantime, there is usually a pack of angry cars behind the truck, who can't understand 'why doesn't that damn truck turn and get out of my way/can't he hear my horn/ see my finger?'

SOMEBODY may have to give up 5 seconds of their time. It's annoying for me, but I'm willing to sit there for a break in traffic for as long as it takes, despite the assortment of angry caged animals stuck behind me.

I'm sorry if it's too stressful for some 'drivers' to have to stop in unexpected places. I see a driver-less car in your future.

It is nice and commendable when people are nice in traffic, but there is a time and place for everything and this wasent it.

Ditto-ditto-ditto (y) Driving is not about being nice- it's about doing the right things as the law requires you to do them. Similar with 4-way stops and with traffic merging onto the interstate highway. "Being nice" in those places creates dangers for everyone nearby, and those who cannot understand why should not be licensed to drive o_O You are being nice enough when you are doing what you're supposed to do :)

Phil

I actually get angry when people do me a favour on the roads when it's the wrong thing to do.
It doesn't take much to set me off these days!!! :LOL::mad::LOL:

4-way sops are my biggest "nice" gripe. The law here is clear and easy:: you go in the order of arrival, and if more than one car arrive together, whoever has no car to their right goes first then the turn passes accordingly. All the time some fool to my right will want to let me go first- if U go and a crash happens it is me who will be most likely to be ticketed :eek: This is exactly why I want a wide enough FOV on my front cam (or the side cams) to clearly show them gesturing me to go ahead-then it will be them having the problem they created and not me :devilish:

Phil

Ow hold on here Dash ;)
I absolutely agree on being considerate in traffic. Also in your post after the one I quoted here, I can see your gist. So my reply is will all due respect (y)

But please, Do not give away your priority on a roundabout when traffic is fluent (like it was on this clip). Also, you never try to take priority when coming onto a roundabout! Never!
In a busy traffic situation people will automatically start to zip (well, at least, the gentleman- and -woman-drivers), on roundabouts, letting people in every other time. That's, for me at least, the only acceptable reason to give way on a roundabout.

Like someone else already said, and I totally agree with them, and not with you in this case, you are not being considerate (to safety of all people around you, and fluidity of traffic) when you start being considerate in a foolish way. (e.g. giving way in places where you shouldn't!)

Yeah had the traffic been backed up all the way into the roundabout, then i would not mind her letting in another car in front of her.
In this town i moved to some years ago i have seen people do the same as she do but on strait roads with almost no traffic, people simply stop to let a car on a side street turn onto the road, and that other car have a full stop.
Dunno where these Randers people got that from, i have never seen people do that in any other town, but it is stupid, when traffic are flowing you should not stop that flow just to be nice, that flow should only stop for emergency vehicles or red light.

Yeah had the traffic been backed up all the way into the roundabout, then i would not mind her letting in another car in front of her.
In this town i moved to some years ago i have seen people do the same as she do but on strait roads with almost no traffic, people simply stop to let a car on a side street turn onto the road, and that other car have a full stop.
Dunno where these Randers people got that from, i have never seen people do that in any other town, but it is stupid, when traffic are flowing you should not stop that flow just to be nice, that flow should only stop for emergency vehicles or red light.
that happens in plenty of places outside randers, i assure you.

I would just have sat there in my truck waiting for her to come to her senses

I had to do this with a police van this week!!! I was on a side road approaching a main road, there was an awkwardly parked car ahead which I noticed, Police van began to turn off the main road onto my side road, I held back to let it pass the badly parked car but he stopped behind the parked car... his van still blocking half of the main road, to let me go! I immediately waved him to continue while shaking my head!

we can only guess the hesitation was to let the truck enter.....but it could be combination of confusion about where the hell she was, which exit she needed to use, and 'oh look ! A big truck!'.

I hate to see people get too caught up in the 'flow' stuff. Yes, traffic moves better when everyone cooperates, and no one is trying to eat somebody elses lunch. It doesn't happen often. :)

Back