Oversized Truck turns from Wrong lane and Tight Lane change on Snow

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Here is a couple of new videos. Taken close to two years in case and two months ago.

Started to use kdenlive

Dangerous Lane Change, squeezes between, little room
An Infiniti squeezes between myself an other car. Misses clipping my front by inches. Slush on the right of the right lane. Does this over a bridge.

Oversized truck turns right In Left lane - no signals
Rig with oversized load is in left lane, but turns right with no signals on. I stop on my green to avoid a collision.

If we did get in a collision, it could be argued I was at fault if I did not have a dash cam.

May be in left lane due to size of load the truck is carrying, but I am sure he could have been a little more to the right and didn't need to drive as fast.

The truck hauling the portable office trailer couldn't make that turn without using the left lane, but no excuse for no turn signal, and going as fast as he was.
I'm not sure what the requirements for an oversized load that size are in Canada?
In the US he would have had to had 'OVERSIZE' banners, and usually a flashing light.

I'm not sure what the requirements for an oversized load that size are in Canada?
In the US he would have had to had 'OVERSIZE' banners, and usually a flashing light.

Good point.

From http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/trucks/pdfs/oversize-overweight-vehicle-guide.pdf

Flags, Signs and Lighting

Vehicles and/or loads in excess of HTA legal dimensions require special flags and signs. When travelling at night, conspicuity markings must also be met.

Flags:

Vehicles and/or loads in excess of dimensions prescribed under Section 109 of the Highway Traffic Act shall be marked with bright red or orange warning flags of not less than 40 cm square and shall be mounted to the extremities of the vehicle or load. The flag(s) must be kept in good and clean condition so as to not diminish their effectiveness.​

I see trucks struggle all the time if too close to the curb when making a turn, he was completely in the left lane not over the line and I had no Idea he was going to turn right.

This is a mall under construction. The work crews are doing wild things all the time around there. Such as, stopping the flow of traffic without a signal man

Dangerous Lane Change, squeezes between, little room
An Infiniti squeezes between myself an other car. Misses clipping my front by inches. Slush on the right of the right lane. Does this over a bridge.

I won't excuse the Infiniti driver's driving, but this is yet another example of a slower vehicle in the left lane needing to move over to allow faster traffic to pass.

It's a better example of an impatient driver, not willing to wait a few seconds to see if the slower car will move to the right lane. :)

I may have done too much editing and removed some relevant footage. The three of us were stopped at some traffic lights together, I was ahead of the blue car for 20 seconds after the light went to green, me, then he passed me, started to slow down (or I sped up) and the infiniti cut between us. Looking at the rear channel, the infiniti was tailgating ... actually driving a fair distance back. The infiniti only started to drive aggressively when the blue car slowed down and the infiniti decided to pass.

Back