So how does it work out it needs to be in parking mode?

wibbly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hardwire kit has just 2 connections, right, just permanent +12v and chassis? So there is no acc connection for the camera to detect when the engine is off. How does the camera work out it needs to be in parking mode or exit parking mode - is it movement based?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I can see that you are looking for some information on the parking mode feature and how to power the device in your vehicle.

Please find two links below that should help here:

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team via phone or e-mail.

Hi

Thanks. I know how it can be hardwired. My question is about how it actually detects when to go into or out of parking mode, given it's always connected to the car's power, and there is no Acc connection.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When the camera is permanently powered by the vehicle, parking mode will activate and shut the camera down into a standby mode, once the vehicle has been stationary for around 5 minutes.

I hope this helps.

Do not hesitate to contact our support team, if you have any further questions.

Some dashcams detect the engine on / off by a wire, other change when there are " action " on the G-sensor in the camera.

We generally talk about these ways as 3 wire or 2 wire hard wire kits.

In 3 wire kits, the ACC wire are sort of just a trigger, the camera get its power from the always on +12 V wire anyhow

Back