Doesn't record and SD Card problem

pao3007

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Hi, I bought 322GW few days ago, was working fine for 3 days, after firmware update through my android smartphone the problems started. After it restarted after firmware update It said that I need to format my SD card (why?) so I took out my SD card from Dash cam and moved few video files to my computer, to save them, and formatted SD card in my PC, afterwards I put formatted SD card back into my dashcam and It said somthing like "SD card error, need to be formated..." so now I tried formate my SD card via Dashcam but it failed to format it and said that I need "Class 10 or better SD card", I have Kingston 64GB Canvas Go! Plus U3 (U3 is recommended for use in dashcams), so its better that Class 10. After Trying several times It didn't show any error so I tested it out, I started car, dashcam turned on and started recording, I let it be for 5 minutes and turned off car. On second test dash cam turned on and started recording for 2 to 5 seconds and immidiately stopped recording, tried manually starting recording but again it stopped after few seconds. I tried brand new SD Card which was bough to be used in another car with same 322GW dashcam but again same thing. Dashcam was working for 3 days with "stock" firmware without any problem. Thanks

ah and sometimes after firmware update it freezed when trying to play recording or suddenly in middle of recording (in case when it was recording more that few seconds)

Best to download the bin from file direct from the nextbase website, then upload that onto a empty sd card. Then put that sd card into your dashcam then turn on the dashcam making sure its plugged into a USB plug on your home wall, this a better way to download firmware updates imo. Majority of people on this forum tend to use Samsung evo plus sd cards tend to be more reliable

Thanks for help but didn't work, after I inserted SD card with bin file and plugged dashcam to wall, it started to update and said it will restart twice, only restarted once. It started recording normally so I waited and It didn't restart second time same as before when I updated via android. Still same problem, it stopped recording after 30 sec and second time recording (when I pressed record button on screen) I triggered "G-sensor" to "lock" file and dash cam freezed and is still freezed while I am wrting this...

only choice is to buy new SD card, so Samsung it will be...hope it will work, but weird that both old (3days) and new SD card dont work with 322GW after software update or whatever ...

Ok, so I tried my another new, newer used, 322GW that I bought together with "faulty" 322GW and it works normally with the same SD card that was in faulty cam so it must be software problem with SD card compatibility, so I hope samsung will work with it or nextbase will provide to me old firmware...

So I found spare 32GB samsung micro sd class 10 and it worked on "faulty" dashcam, so newest update doesn't work with kingston SD cards....wow, maybe they want promote their "great" rebranded overpriced nextbase SD cards that they buy from samsung, just thinking...

If you formatted a 64Gb card on a PC then the format will be ExFAT which the dashcam can't understand. Download SDFormatter and format the card to FAT32 then reformat again in the camera

Thanks, yes you are right, SD card should be in FAT32 format (or not, what? ) as my old samsung is in FAT32 and is working with "faulty" dashcam BUT I tried several times to format my Kingston SD card, PC and dashcam says it is in FAT32 format but still dashcam shows "SD Card Error Please format card" and when I try to format it in dashcam (of course if whole dashcam doesn't freeze, like right know as I was trying to fromat it) it can't format it and again shows error that I need U1 or U3 card...
BUT!
on last try I was able to format SD card through dashcam (WOW) and It formatted my SD card to exFat...wtf......Why it is formatting Kingston SD card to exFat and Samsung to FAT32 (I tried formatting samsung, too, in dashcam -> FAT32) ? so with kingston fromatted in exFat I tried recording and after like 1 minute dashcam freezed, after hard Restart It as allways stopped recording after few seconds...

so old firmware when dashcam came out of box is perfectly working with this SD card, but new one has problems with Kingston sd cards, that is only one conclusion that I can have after all this...

Last edited:
Very strange

Check what the partition size is on the working card, then format the other card in FAT32 with the partition and file limits set to the same specs. You may need another freeware such as the "MiniAide Formatter" to do this, but it has been succesful for some folks using other cams in order to be able to run larger cards than is officially supported. What happens is the cam then "sees" what it expects to see so it works correctly since the cam doesn't really know what the card size is ;)

There could also be something different in the Kingston file system OS on that card, such as was with the old SanDisk cards, which the cam simply does not "like". If that is the case there's no cure, but since the card worked before I don't think this is the problem.

Phil

Thanks everyone for help, hope someday this thread will help other people with similar problem. I solved my problem in lazy way and bought 128GB Samsung Evo Pro which is working perfectly, second dashcam is using Kingston 64GB fine (the same card which don't work in dashcam with Samsung SD card).

Back