So I got a car with a USB port...

Well i am hoping you guys do not catch fire again, sadly when i visited Fremantle it was in May, and silly me did not contemplate bringing warm clothe.

Froze my ass off welding gold mine equipment to the deck of the skip.

Well i am hoping you guys do not catch fire again, sadly when i visited Fremantle it was in May, and silly me did not contemplate bringing warm clothe.

Froze my ass off welding gold mine equipment to the deck of the skip.
Haha it's definitely gotten warmer in May over the years, when did you come. Its still cool days and raining here in Perth in September, finding over the last 10 or 15 years that winter is lasting longer and summer hits sooner. Like literally a two or three week spring and then it's hot summer days.

Never used to be like that.

It was in 1998 i think maybe 1999, it was the first time i sailed as a engineer on a ship.

I would prefer to live in a place where i could wear shorts - T-shirt and flip flops all year around, not least now i no longer work, and even if me getting fat mean i no longer do as well with high temperatures like i use to.
So when i think AU i think Darwin up north.
Perth thats right around the corner from Fremantle if my memory goo serve me right.

Pilot 1080p from Walmart. It was $25 regular price,
You can almost read the Brand of the Car lol
1695124561860.png

You can read the number plate well almost.
1695124649133.png

Sharper image great price! Randomly stopped the play and the utes wheels froze without a blur.... very nice. The colour and other things not so nice.
1695124900847.png
BlackVue DR970X - Really!
1695125441126.png

DR900X Plus Better.
1695125817393.png

Thinkware U3000 Indoor doesn't really help but 5mph is interesting.
1695126187814.png

Thanks for the summary.
The cheap cameras ranged in picture quality but are a far cry from the up market unit.

It was in 1998 i think maybe 1999, it was the first time i sailed as a engineer on a ship.

I would prefer to live in a place where i could wear shorts - T-shirt and flip flops all year around, not least now i no longer work, and even if me getting fat mean i no longer do as well with high temperatures like i use to.
Perth thats right around the corner from Fremantle if my memory goo serve me right.
Darwin used to be hot but now everywhere is hot! Perth is right next to Freo U r correct

View attachment 67621

View attachment 67622

Sharper image great price! Randomly stopped the play and the utes wheels froze without a blur.... very nice. The colour and other things not so nice.
View attachment 67623
View attachment 67625

DR900X Plus Better.
View attachment 67626

View attachment 67627

Thanks for the summary.
The cheap cameras ranged in picture quality but are a far cry from the up market unit.
I can't believe you actually watched those potato grade videos.
I was going to include this plate capture of a Toyota Rav 4 SUV, but it was literally 4 feet from my car, and we were both stopped. lol

A little off topic but I don't think @Lou_Stuhl will mind. (Sorry if you do)

This is the last post for me in this thread unless Lou returns and asks for advice.

Click on the image to enlarge.
Darwin, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide can expect 80%+ temp above average.
Perth and Fremantle look like they might just miss out. Thing could change tomorrow though.

1695127341996.png

View attachment 67621

View attachment 67622

View attachment 67623
View attachment 67625

DR900X Plus Better.
View attachment 67626

View attachment 67627

Thanks for the summary.
Horrendous with the cheap Walmart cams .absolutely horrendous haha

Horrendous with the cheap Walmart cams
I agree 100%, but for $5 - $33 you can’t complaint.
For $470 - $550 for the BlackVue & Thinkware I would expect James Webb improvement. Lol

I agree 100%, but for $5 - $33 you can’t complaint.
For $470 - $550 for the BlackVue & Thinkware I would expect James Webb improvement. Lol
Seems to me that a bunch of brands on these forums haven't released newer dash cam models in quite a few years. Seems to be the landscape has changed so that the big players are still there but not much else around...

...unless they're using years old sensors (Starvis or not) with those interpolated 4k claims LOL

Back