Software (Application) Forum addition??

greyscale

Reaction score
Country
United States
I sent a message regarding this to the DASHCAMTALK contact page, but I thought it may also be useful to post here as well.
Does anyone else here wish, as I do, that reporting problems as well as feature suggestions for RegistrationViewer , DashcamViewer etc. would be easier for all If such items could be discussed in a Software forum on DASHCAMTALK?. I'm hopeful this will happen. If you agree pls let the DASHCAMTALK admin know that you also would like to see this happen.

greyscale

Yes, maybe this can be good also for video editing.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yes, maybe this can be good also for video editing.

enjoy,
Mtz
Don't know about video editing, u mean how to?. If so, many website (Apple, Adobe ) have instructions for this . Using Quicktime.
greyscale

Yes, but people can share experiences for example for extracting videos from dual channel cameras, how to put side by side two videos.
And the forum have value when these are done with free programs. I don't want to install 600MB of some famous program cracked or not just to put side by side two videos.

enjoy,
Mtz

I sent a message regarding this to the DASHCAMTALK contact page, but I thought it may also be useful to post here as well.
Does anyone else here wish, as I do, that reporting problems as well as feature suggestions for RegistrationViewer , DashcamViewer etc. would be easier for all If such items could be discussed in a Software forum on DASHCAMTALK?. I'm hopeful this will happen. If you agree pls let the DASHCAMTALK admin know that you also would like to see this happen.

greyscale

For future reference, there is this Forum Rules & Site Suggestions forum where members are invited make suggestions such as this without having to send messages through the contact page.

Also, there is already a forum for discussing this general topic called "Development". There are various threads in that forum where you can post about RegistrationViewer (Datakam Player), firmware development and whatever else you like that has to do with software or firmware. Additionally, there is a "Managing Videos" forum where there are also already many threads that would suit your proposed purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about video editing, u mean how to?. If so, many website (Apple, Adobe ) have instructions for this . Using Quicktime.
greyscale

The suggestion by @Mtz is an excellent one because there are many members here who would like to learn more about editing. Lots of us have more that one dashcam in use and would like to submit side-by-side comparison videos for various reasons, but do not know how to do it. His suggestion doesn't deserve to be dimissed so lightly. Might as well respond when somebody asks about refocussing by telling them to "Go look it up on You Tube".

The suggestion by @Mtz is an excellent one because there are many members here who would like to learn more about editing. Lots of us have more that one dashcam in use and would like to submit side-by-side comparison videos for various reasons, but do not know how to do it. His suggestion doesn't deserve to be dimissed so lightly. Might as well respond when somebody asks about refocussing by telling them to "Go look it up on You Tube".
For future reference, there is a Forum Rules & Site Suggestions form where members are invited make suggestions such as this.

Also, there is already a forum for discussing this general topic called "Development". There are various threads in that forum where you can post about RegistrationViewer (Datakam Player), firmware development and whatever else you like that has to do with software or firmware. Additionally, there is a "Managing Videos" forum where there are also already many threads that would suit your proposed purpose.
Dash, thanks for the intelligent reply. I saw the Development section, and (wrongly ) guessed it was about Cam development, not software.
greyscale

Dash, thanks for the intelligent reply. I saw the Development section, and (wrongly ) guessed it was about Cam development, not software.
greyscale

Yeah, that's any easy one to miss I think. It's always a good idea to do some searching and poking around to see if the thread one is looking for already exists.

Reactions: Mtz
Does anyone else here wish, as I do, that reporting problems as well as feature suggestions for RegistrationViewer , DashcamViewer etc.........

BTW, @greyscale, just in case you don't already know this, @Andrey Vokin, the developer of RegistrationViewer & Datakam Player and @traveler, the developer of Dashcam Viewer are both members here at DCT so you can communicate with them about problems or feature suggestions directly via PM or through their threads in the Development forum.

BTW, @greyscale, just in case you don't already know this, @Andrey Vokin, the developer of RegistrationViewer & Datakam Player and @traveler, the developer of Dashcam Viewer are both members here at DCT so you can communicate with them about problems or feature suggestions directly via PM or through their threads in the Development forum.

I think Andrey does the Mac version, the Windows version is Vadim, either would take the feedback I'm sure, they prefer contact via email though as they don't regularly check the forums, contact details are on their site

I think Andrey does the Mac version, the Windows version is Vadim, either would take the feedback I'm sure, they prefer contact via email though as they don't regularly check the forums, contact details are on their site

Yes, I believe that's more accurate.

Thanks for the feedback. Strangely, I never received the message from the contact page. I have updated the titles of the sub-forums to make them clearer. Should say "Dash Cam Software / Development" and "Managing / Editing Videos".

The "Development" sub-forum includes camera firmware as well software related to viewers, etc.. I wonder if it might be more clear for the title to be "Dash Cam related Software/Firmware"?..........or perhaps just "Software/Firmware Development"?

Back