Some advice on replacing car camera

Welcome to DCT. Which dashcam do you have?
DOD / Nextbase 402 and 512 atm as mains but i have been through many china made ones and i was using a gopro

You can pick up a cheap dod or nextbase 402g on ebay. The battery is a joke so you need to hard wire it ...

The primary purpose of a dashcam battery is to ensure that the clip being recorded when external power is cut is saved to the card, & not lost or corrupted. Doesn't make any practical difference whether the camera is hardwired or plugged into the accessory socket.

Well after searching and thinking what to get in just getting a cheap one for now. I'm going to get either mobius or a118c so is one better than the other?

Well after searching and thinking what to get in just getting a cheap one for now. I'm going to get either mobius or a118c so is one better than the other?
If you don't want to be disappointed with the night video quality, buy the A118C.

Just seen some posts on the Joovuu X I'll need to look into that a little more once I'm home from work.

You might want to add the Street Guardian SG9665GC & SGZC12RC to the list. They'll outperform the JooVuu at night.

I covered over 1000 miles in 4 days last week - in fact coming up to 30K miles on the SG9665GC now and it's not missed a beat.

I looked at SG9665GC but its way out my price range to be honest.

The mobius is appealing as I could use it on my nitro car as well.
The a118c also looks good.

The Mobius is definitely flexible and with the added software you can change pretty much every setting - there's a Mobius 2 due at some point but other than knowing it will do 1080p @ 60fps and come in under $100 / £70ish not much is known about it right now.

Back