Some help needed from Oz based member....

Slicer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC
I need to purchase a aus$ gift card for my nephews birthday who lives in Bowral NSW from a car accessory shop and to date all the ones I have contacted either don't take 'foreign cards' (VISA!!!) can't be bothered, don't want to know or have just failed to respond.

So can any one 'Down Under' help...please PM me if so.

Thanks in anticipation

As jokin says they will not do this, for fraud prevention as it would be charged back to them if the charge is contested. Couple of ways to get the funds to the nephew though. Go to local bank and buy a Visa or MasterCard gift card and put it into a birthday card and send it off. I think you can have the card pin code protected, if so do not put the pin code with the card, just call and give him the code over the phone. That way if card is lost or stolen it will be no good. Another way is go to bank and have money transferred to the nephews account, bank to bank. That will be the most expensive way do do it though, ask your bank for the rates. You can transfer money through Western Union and several other companies like that; there are fees associated with doing this but usually much less than a bank. You can even do Western Union online; I did it once for a woman I was dating. Her oldest daughter was in New York and needed money suddenly and that was how we got it to her.

What is it with you Pommies always needing our help because you lot can't bat, can't bowl and the fielding was atrocious, what a pack of losers :D

Now, where was I, oh yeah...... Hey there, I live in NSW.

A gift card from SuperCheap Auto would be cool and is one of the biggest auto parts/accessory store chains in our country.
Repco is even bigger but they're products tend to be a little dearer.

How much do you want to spend on a card ?........ I'd be game to purchase one for you at my local SuperCheap and he could pick up the gift card at his local store.

You and I will sort out my money later and I am thinking you could deposit the amount onto my Debit MasterCard ?

I'm just trying to help out as cheaply as possible with transfer fees or whatever.

Did I mention the bowling and stuff :cool:

What is it with you Pommies always needing our help because you lot can't bat, can't bowl and the fielding was atrocious, what a pack of losers :D

Now, where was I, oh yeah...... Hey there, I live in NSW.

A gift card from SuperCheap Auto would be cool and is one of the biggest auto parts/accessory store chains in our country.
Repco is even bigger but they're products tend to be a little dearer.

How much do you want to spend on a card ?........ I'd be game to purchase one for you at my local SuperCheap and he could pick up the gift card at his local store.

You and I will sort out my money later and I am thinking you could deposit the amount onto my Debit MasterCard ?

I'm just trying to help out as cheaply as possible with transfer fees or whatever.

Did I mention the bowling and stuff :cool:

'Whats all that bat an ball stuff you go'in on abart' - a game(allegedly) for woofters and the like, now RUGBY just you wait we will pull your Kangaroo boy's ears off...

However back to reality - thank you so much for this post and offer of help much appreciated. "SuperCheap" excellent and yes a great outcome just what I was looking for at no extra cost.

I did not want to send 'just money' but wanted something specific and they can oblige.

Thanks again for your response - now RUGBY as I have pre-booked my attendance to watch 'In-ger-land' massacre the Oz boys I will send you a blow by blow account as I know you will just be real interested to see how 'Gods' game should be played. :rolleyes:

Now Now boys no need to get ROOD about it :confused: On a serious note thats a nice response on Hombre,s part As mentioned in another post, its the members that make this site a great place to be along with the joshing.....Ipol:)

Dude.... ( aimed at Slicer ).... whatever as the Wallabies are always willing to teach lessons with our new coach so keep sharp pale one.

Last edited:
Back