Some info for installing parking Guards

PeterQ

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0903
Got a Parking Guard kit for my 0906. They are a little sparse, so just adding some info, and probably some questions. The kit comes with One each of five different sizes of "add-a-fuse" - In my case, the Low profile Minifuses (Hyundai I30) see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive) for fuse pictures.

Of course, there are three wires on the parking guard, earth active and switched. - Earth is easy enough - connect to the vehicle frame, and easy enough to determine. Active and Switched, I can work out by using the instructions below, but notably, the "kit" comes with only one add a fuse in each size - so, I picked up half a dozen on ebay, separately. I assume that the switched line is really to just sense it, so isn't taking any load, but an add a fuse is the simplest way to include it in the circuit.??

One thing that did strike me is that there is a right and a wrong way to install "add-a-fuses" - I found instructions at
. at about 5:30 or so into the video explains this. The "tail" of the add a fuse needs to be on the "out" side of the circuit, i.e. the non12V side.

The other thing that comes to mind which isn't blatantly obvious (perhaps should be mentioned in the PG instructions) is that there is an internal menu setting to enable/disable PG. I sometimes go away (overseas) for weeks at a time, and leave the car garaged at home - As I understand it, this setting will disable the PG function, which means it won't try to turn on in PG Mode, which in turn won't drain the battery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StephanW mini0906 2
WA3PNT mini0906 8
Back