Sony Action Cam - Image Sensor?

The innovv C3 had its challenges too, the wire to the remote camera unit was pretty stiff, so you would notice that using the head gear thing.
size wise it was okay, though some did spot it and comment ( asking me if i was recording )

And like the one I was sent for testing, sometimes the SD card would miss the slot and end up inside the camera so I'd have to dismantle it to retrieve the memory card. The camera has a variety of issues that RockThinking told me he couldn't afford to resolve at the time but the image quality was superb! The C3 was really a kind of practice run for RockThinking's later efforts.

I see. Having never purchased one of these I had no way to know that.
It's one of those things that sounds good, but when you try it you soon realise it's nowhere near what the average consumer might expect after seeing so many YT videos of GoPro or Insta360 stabilised videos.

@Panzer Platform, as another option I wonder if one of the Drift cameras might meet your needs. It has a similar form factor to the Sony HDR-AS200V and an external microphone and WiFi are available depending on the model.

So the GITUP F1C 130° FOV 4K WIFI ACTION CAMERA is almost the perfect choice for me, I just wish it had the updated STARVIS 2 IMX678, instead of the old IMX317.
Be careful with the difference between the F1 (runs on battery) and the F1C (capacitor only, just like a dashcam). I expect the battery version would be more suitable for you, and it has better image quality too.

Both the MM4K and the F1 have WiFi. I think you can record and view a live stream at the same time with the F1
Here is an example of how I use the live view to assist filming a particular scene that involves taking the camera off my head, and sicking in the deep dark recess of my car to show a specific component. The video will start playing at 19:57. You can also see me hold a spare cellphone acting as my live view monitor.

@Panzer Platform, as another option I wonder if one of the Drift cameras might meet your needs. It has a similar form factor to the Sony HDR-AS200V and an external microphone and WiFi are available depending on the model.
Yes, the Drift is a very good option.
But it only does 4K30, I want 4K60. lol

Yes, the Drift is a very good option.
But it only does 4K30, I want 4K60. lol

I still don't understand why you need 4K/60 fps for the kind of videos you do on YouTube?

BTW, which 4K cameras do have 4K /60fps? (our kind of cameras) The A139 Pro won't do 4K/60 fps for example.

Back