SOOCOO Cube 360 with 360-degree panorama shooting

Xiaomi Yi is rather good however. Not GoPro 4 good, but up at GoPro 3+ BE level quality. So the biggest downer is the lack of 4K, which would be ideal for VR needs, however.... higher frame rates are also really important. So dunno if I'd want to use the 4K 30fps of the GoPro 4 anyway, instead using the higher frame with the lower resolutions. By which point the gain over using the Xiaomi Yi's 1080 60fps is not much at all, if any. I hope the GoPro 5 puts greater priority on achieving 4K 60fps than doing 8K, as I'd much rather have 4K 60fps than 8K 30fps! I'm starting to lean towards skipping the Soocoo Cube 360 x2 as a stepping stone into this, and instead leap straight for the multi sided action camera approach! It is a bit of a risk, but I will be using the much cheaper Xiaomi Yi. Then hopefully by the time the GoPro 5 gets announced with 4K 60fps, I'll have the 360 degree reputation and clients to justify the US$4,000+ investment which is the cost required to build up a 6x GoPro 5 360 degree video rig. & then I'd likely reuse the Xiaomi Yi cameras as one half of a 3D 360 rig (which needs twice as many cameras as normal, at least. And if Xiaomi Yi has seen a further price drop by then... that would be extra nice! They've already come down in price somewhat since their release last year). Or..... maaaaaaybe, if the GoPro 5 doesn't come this year, or it disappoints us, I might opt for a BMMCC rig with Rokinon 8mm lenses on focal reducers. Maybe, but now I'm speculating and dreaming too much!

Back