Sound not recording

Lachiepower0402

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have just recieved my GT880S and I absolutly love it except that the sound is not being recorded. I have turned on the microphone option in the menu and when I play the video back on my computer and I just get hissing. I tried maxing out the sound and analysing the sound in vlc.

Any ideas?

OP
L

Lachiepower0402

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It also appears as though the g-sensor readings are not being recorded to the video, but when I set parking guard on and shake the camera while it is off, it will turn on and record a 20 second video as it should. But when I tried to record a video with the g-sensor set to high and shook the camera around and then looked at it on the computer using the software, it did not show any readings for the g-sensor.

Could this be something to do with a certain setting or another problem?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
G-Sensors can be used to trigger event files but the data is not necessarily logged to file, that's quite common

OP
L

Lachiepower0402

Reaction score
Country
Australia
What should you say I do for the sound problem? I don't want to return it as I would like to use it.

Also what is the latest firmware for this dash cam?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Haven't heard of any updates being available

Your description of the mic problem suggests a hardware fault

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I have some of my videos somewhere - not on YT for some reason but sound wise mine was ok but did have a chirping throughout which sounded like interference while it was writing data to microSD.

OP
L

Lachiepower0402

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Would you say that it is due fauly hardware in your case?

Do you think it's worth pulling it apart to see if I can see any obvious problems?

OP
L

Lachiepower0402

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have some of my videos somewhere - not on YT for some reason but sound wise mine was ok but did have a chirping throughout which sounded like interference while it was writing data to microSD.
So I ended up pulling it apart and I found two very interesting things. First of all, their is a spot where two wires can be soldered to, possibly for a microphone, these are next to the speaker solder points and their is also a second 3.5mm jack on the board which is not being used and does not have a hole in the case for it. Any ideas anyone?

Photos are attached

IMG_20150926_101136 by Lachlan Fullagar, on Flickr

IMG_20150926_101155 by Lachlan Fullagar, on Flickr