Speed Bump (the clue is in the title)

In Mexico that is how they control speed, even on high speed roads. One every few 100 yards in some places and some almost invisible makes for challenging conditions. Let's just say we change brakes a lot more often from all the hard braking to avoid getting air time.

Yes we have plenty of them in the UK too, though not usually on primary routes. However, one of the main routes into a major city (Manchester) has speed bumps and chicanes (another so called 'traffic calming' device) in the bus lanes. Believe me it's rather uncomfortable sat on the top deck of a double decker bus travelling on this section. It's crazy.

Good grief!...note to self; do not visit that country.
wait till someone lands in the opposing lane & starts a head-on!

Hold on!...I see a great business opportunity, open a frame & alignment shop close by...u should make some good bucks.

I thought at first that was bad road repair but it does look like a road bump due to the sign posted. They have bad road repair jobs over there.

Here in USA, they will paint yellow lines on road bumps like that. But they will have sections cut out for motorcyclist to speed through without needing to slow down :eek: I think if motorist in cars need to slow down, so do 2 wheeled subjects.

It's the opposite here in the UK - they make some small square shaped ones that are just wide enough to catch most cars suspension, so bikers would have to go around either to the left and the kerb or the the right and the centre of the road. If you drive a larger car with a wide wheelbase you can just drive straight over as if they weren't there!

5675397-large.jpg

Ironically they cause more damage to vehicle suspension than a normal speedhump!

Nice video jokiin.
Reminded me of a certain Monty phython sketch.

Rule 1. NO pufters.
Rule 2. NO one of the faculty is to mailtreat the abbos in any way what so ever,,, if there is any one watching.
Rule 3. NO pufters.
Rule 4. I do not want to catch any one not drinking in ther room after lights out.
Rule 5. NO pufters.
Rule 6. there is no rule 6
Rule 7. NO pufters.

Funny it took a bunch of pommy barstards to turn me on to Aussies :p

Back