Speed Camera updates ?

Kind of frustrating for the data to not be accurate. Our local road has been 35mph for as long as I can remember. It is a Speed Camera Corridor. They relocate several different cameras along several miles of our section of the corridor on a irregular basis.

The camera is saying the speed is 30mph, which is not correct. Since the cameras may or may not be anywhere close to where they were months ago, the current data only reports on two areas. There are at least 7 core areas in the rotation.

Kind of frustrating for the data to not be accurate. Our local road has been 35mph for as long as I can remember. It is a Speed Camera Corridor. They relocate several different cameras along several miles of our section of the corridor on a irregular basis.

The camera is saying the speed is 30mph, which is not correct. Since the cameras may or may not be anywhere close to where they were months ago, the current data only reports on two areas. There are at least 7 core areas in the rotation.
Can you PM me the exact locations you are referring to? I can forward the locations to the team that updates the red light/speed cam data.

I will see if I can describe the zone.

Today I had to drive into Washington DC. I passed through multiple speed camera zones. Three of them were 35mph, the camera warning says 30mph.

It appears to be either a programming error or lazy data entry.

In one zone, that was 40mph, the warning states 20mph.

My Google navigation on my cellphone displays the correct speed limit everywhere. It also shows icons, that are up to date, of the camera locations.

If Waze and Google can collect the APIs and provide the correct information, so can Thinkware.

I updated the speed camera updates on both our F200 dashcams yesterday and to check I always take it for a drive where I know there are live working speed cameras and I'm not getting the usual verbal message from the dashcam. I'm pretty sure I did the update like I've always done it and I think I saw a update date of 12th December !!

Is there any way to check and ensure they have been updated properly, as something clearly is wrong.
I would have also thought if the update did not work properly, it would have at least kept the update that was already on the SD cards !!
Any ideas please ?

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions on this ? As I would like to get it sorted before my daughter takes her car back to Uni with her

Thanks

Messed about with this for a while !
I'm in the speed camera downloads, click UK and then download, i then see the file smartguidepoint.dx2 but when I click open file a pop up box states I have to install a app, I click ok and sod all happens.

I've done this before and it was easy, I just can't get passed this stage to get the zipped files and proceed !

HELP

All sorted. I emailed Thinkware UK support and got a immediate response on New Year's Eve . Excellent service.

Can you PM me the exact locations you are referring to? I can forward the locations to the team that updates the red light/speed cam data.
I had to drive back into DC today. Regardless of where I was, Maryland or DC, I discovered one consistency. In speed camera zones, the voice announcement rounds down: 25 is announced as 20, 35 as 30, etc..this is obviously a issue with the service and not isolated bad data. Google maps displays the correct speed limit as expected.

Back