Speed Camera updates ?

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question please.

When I have my F200 connected to WiFi in the car to view some footage, will the speed camera updates be done ? Or do I still have to take the SD card out now and then and put it in my laptop ...blah blah blah ?

And if I do have to take it out, how often do people typically update these ?

Thanks

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Really to me the updates should come live when you are connected to the camera, BUT ! not knowing for sure i would fear they come as part of a firmware maybe APP update,,,,,, which are just all wrong in my eyes.

But lets wee what Thinkware owners have to say.

Thinkware Dash Cam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
U1000, Q800PRO, X700, FA200, F70, M1
You can update the speed camera data via the app or using the microSD card from your device (It will not automatically update by itself.) Speed camera data is typically updated twice a year.

OP
152bobby

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Great if it can be done via the app when in car when the dashcam is connected to my phone via WiFi.

Where is this the the app settings ?

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I would assume down at the bottom of the menu tree, where you also often find update firmware, so make sense to me at least to have update speed camera around the same place.
In the APP i would assume ti to be down low in the settings too.

Actually i think ( assume ) with your phone and APP now you can DL the latest camera update, and then later upon connecting to the camera you can install that.
CUZ i dont think you have / can be connected to the camera with wifi and then DL the camera update too, though of course just now come to think you probably cam via your mobile data, and that update should not be in a large file so that way should be no problem.

BUT ! guessing here i have no personal experience with thinkware cameras.

Thinkware Dash Cam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
U1000, Q800PRO, X700, FA200, F70, M1
Great if it can be done via the app when in car when the dashcam is connected to my phone via WiFi.

Where is this the the app settings ?
My apologies, I just realized you had an F200. This is only available on models with hotspot capabilities. You will have to update the speed cam data via your Micro SD card. Sorry for the confusion. :cry:

OP
152bobby

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At least I know for sure, it's the only way. Thanks.

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000 Front & Rear with RADAR.
At least I know for sure, it's the only way. Thanks.

Also the UK Database was updated every 3 months.

It is now updated every month, seems to be within the first few working days of the month!

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You can update the speed camera data via the app or using the microSD card from your device (It will not automatically update by itself.) Speed camera data is typically updated twice a year.

Where would the option be in the phone app to update the speed cameras?

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000 Front & Rear with RADAR.
No for this model you have to download the smartguidepoint.dx2 file from Thinkware.com and place that file inside the 'driveinfo' folder on the memory card (Just overwrite the file in there if there is one) Pop the card back in the camera and job done. Please note there aren't any verbal messages about the update taking place it happens in the background.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Thinkware 2
152bobby Thinkware 1
C Thinkware 3
S Thinkware 22
D Thinkware 0