Split files, missing video

benqo

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Hello

I have the 1.1.0 firmware and a Sandisk ultra 32gb card in my Yi camera. I use 1080p, this problem has happened both in 30 and 60fps.

Sometimes when I record video, there are two files created, both smaller than 2GB, and there is missing time/video between them. The last time this happened, the first file was 20sec long, and the next one was around 10min, but about 10sec was lost between them. Anyone else has this problem?

format the card in the camera

Already tried that. I had a Kingston 32gb card before and I thought it was the card that was bad, so I bought the Sandisk Ultra. Same problem.

hmm... try older firmware ? Reflash 1.1.0 with verified firmware file? different resolution?

Reflashed with 1.1.0. Tried it a couple of times, worked fine. On the last try the video was again split in two files but the second file was not even a valid video, can't play it.

then it looks like hardware issue... did you try other suggestions as well? Older firmware, different resolution?

Not yet, I can't find a proper firmware download. I have the 23L version, and even on your site you only have 1.1.0. Do you maybe have a link for 1.0.12?

well, i can only assume, that Z23L and Z22L share identical firmware (because 1.1.0 for 22L and 23L is identical), but i cannot say for 100%... i would really appreciate, if anyone could give me MD5 hash of 1.0.12 for Z23L, that way i would know for sure...

Has anyone successfully used the 22L firmware on the 23L? :)

1.1.0 files for 22L and 23L are identical, so they have to work. Not sure for 1.0.12

I thought the cam can only records in split files of 5min? How are you able to record a 10min video? I have 23L running 1.0.12 moded to 30/25/20 and I'm using 64 sandisk ultra formatted in the camera. Also, one thing I noticed is that aside from the HD and SD videos, there are 3 secs HD file as well.

If you have loop recording turned off, it should split your videos in 2GB files and not in 5min.

Do you have a link to the 1.0.12 custom firmware?

What do you mean, 3sec HD file? You mean _thm files?

Thanks, found it.

Do you maybe also have stock 1.0.12 for 23L?

Sorry, I don't have the stock 1.0.12 anymore

Yea, but i don't have 1.0.12 for 23L

Back