"Spoiler Alert" Speeding Subaru blindly changes lanes into standstill traffic

Too bad there was no shoulder otherwise could have prevented the crash.
You cannot ass-u-me when the view is blocked or it'll make an ass of u and me like this driver.

What an idiot. What makes it even worse is that they actually thought they would get somewhere fast during rush hour.

I love it! What a tool. Such poetic justice. I hope the cop reamed his ass with tickets. I hope his insurance sees the video and refuses payout. Maybe, just maybe this guy.gal would learn their lesson.

I hope his insurance sees the video and refuses payout

That would have to be from some shady insurance company or one with VERY fine print. They may decide to drop them or instead of just increasing their rates X amount of $, they will raise it XXX amount of $.

That would have to be from some shady insurance company or one with VERY fine print.....
Might not be true. There are many policies where claims will be denied for 'willfully inflicted damage', 'gross negligence' or clauses to that effect. Might be applicable in this situation.

Not matter what if he/she doesn't get cancelled their rates are going up for sure.

Might not be true. There are many policies where claims will be denied for 'willfully inflicted damage', 'gross negligence' or clauses to that effect. Might be applicable in this situation.

Not matter what if he/she doesn't get cancelled their rates are going up for sure.
yeah - being stupid like this is on the same level as arson or deliberate vandalism, IMHO. another form of insurance fraud.

what the hell did you think was going to happen when you decided to go 90 mph during rush hour?:rolleyes::mad:

It could, would just depend on the damage done to the other people. I would like to hope that clause is more for the folks like...

Well I can't find it, pretty certain it was in australia and the guy jumps out and punches the windshield and then proceeds to following him all over creation as he runs into him.

In the past, insurers had had to rely on witnesses - and witnesses can be very unreliable. Get half a dozen people watching the same event & you will have almost as many differing statements.
So insurance companies have more or less paid out with some % allocation of blame.
With the dashcam evidence, it is clear who was doing what, so insurers can refuse to pay - they will pay everyone else's repairs but you can be left high and dry (they love to save money).
You'll probably find that somewhere in the insurance agreement is a clause which stipulates (something along the lines of) you will only be covered if the car is legal & if you drive according to the rules of the road

hehe bonnet is somthing all together else in the US, what we here in Denmark call a "kyse"

220px-Sunbonnet_%28PSF%29.svg.png

That guy in the UTE was pissed off, he would proberly have suckerpunched my old ass.
And thats okay cuz i would have given him the chance to do that rather than go GTA on the streets.

I think / hope ! Deep down i cant deny my Danish herritage, and the 21 century one is a pretty weak one, so i might allso have done a runner after all.

hehe bonnet is somthing all together else in the US, what we here in Denmark call a "kyse"

220px-Sunbonnet_%28PSF%29.svg.png

That guy in the UTE was pissed off, he would proberly have suckerpunched my old ass.
And thats okay cuz i would have given him the chance to do that rather than go GTA on the streets.

I think / hope ! Deep down i cant deny my Danish herritage, and the 21 century one is a pretty weak one, so i might allso have done a runner after all.
yeah, bonnet, hood, trunk and boot all have very different meanings depending on which side of the pond you're on. probably one of the first differences i learned about between US and UK english.

yeah, bonnet, hood, trunk and boot all have very different meanings depending on which side of the pond you're on. probably one of the first differences i learned about between US and UK english.
Or as one of my high school teachers was fond of saying - "US and UK, two countries separated by a common language".

US and UK tow countries where one suddenly developed a major distaste for tea ;)
And good for that considering how the English got their tea by forcing opium down the throat of the poor Chinese.

Back