Start Selling A139

It's posted HERE by Viofo a few replies above this message (#208 in this thread).

I've had voice working properly in this and the previous FW so I'm not sure which one you're on. Seems nothing is different with this FW except it solved the corrupt files when using "auto-detect" parking mode. Low-bitrate still functions well if you prefer using that. Hope the panel-bashers do a good job for you ;)

Phil
there does not seem to be a link to get the firmware.
What was the firmware version ?

@SawMaster I'm sorry, I couldn't find a link to firmware download on post #208. Is something weird with my forum access?

It's posted HERE by Viofo a few replies above this message (#208 in this thread).

I've had voice working properly in this and the previous FW so I'm not sure which one you're on. Seems nothing is different with this FW except it solved the corrupt files when using "auto-detect" parking mode. Low-bitrate still functions well if you prefer using that. Hope the panel-bashers do a good job for you ;)

Phil
Mine is on V1.0_1126
Yes I hope they do as well, hoping for a new front bumper rather than repairing it and hopefully the paint will match, it’s a tricky colour.
I have taken it to the dealership I used to work at so I have seen the work that comes back from the body shop they use, that’s what worries me haha.

Does the A139 have the option to turn off parking mode after a set amount of time via the app when hardwired? I've seen the new firmware versions of the A129/A119 support this.

Just spotted the video, I like the way it reduces your music volume while speaking :unsure: :

I could have sworn there was a link to google drive in post #208 where I accessed the FW, but it sure ain't there now :eek:

I've got it saved on my computer and I will post it here, along with the FW version, later tonight. Rough Monday at work so giving my tired bones and brain a break first ;)

Phil

Mine is on V1.0_1126
Yes I hope they do as well, hoping for a new front bumper rather than repairing it and hopefully the paint will match, it’s a tricky colour.
I have taken it to the dealership I used to work at so I have seen the work that comes back from the body shop they use, that’s what worries me haha.
Apologies for my tardiness, but life went crazy again so I'm now just getting back to where I wanted to be. FW on mine is V1.0_1228. LINK HERE I'll also post the link in the A139 FW thread.

Someone mentioned that their buttons no longer work in parking mode and I do confirm that with this version. I don't see any major issues with that but it was nice to be able to fool with the cam without having to use the car keys. I can't find any other differences, just this and the parking file corruption issue being resolved :)

Phil

I have a unknown parcel stuck in customs, for over a day it have not been moving, i hope it is the replacement A139 so i can get on with it.
Also just 5 cameras in my car, almost giving me withdrawal symptoms.

Apologies for my tardiness, but life went crazy again so I'm now just getting back to where I wanted to be. FW on mine is V1.0_1228. LINK HERE I'll also post the link in the A139 FW thread.

Someone mentioned that their buttons no longer work in parking mode and I do confirm that with this version. I don't see any major issues with that but it was nice to be able to fool with the cam without having to use the car keys. I can't find any other differences, just this and the parking file corruption issue being resolved :)

Phil
Thanks for that, I’ll get it loaded when I get the car back. Also got a hwk to fit so I can start looking at parking modes too. Wonder if the button issue is intentional to stop tampering or something.

Wonder if the button issue is intentional to stop tampering or something.
Possibly, but they'd still need to work (and they do) in 'driving mode' so it wouldn't stop all chances of tampering. @viofo is probably going to do a special FW for the tamper-proof operation in time I would think, as normal users will have different needs.

Phil

Okay paid off my "protection" money to the enforcer, and my parcel are moving again / will move again / well i bloody hope it will / you never know with Danish postal.
TXT from the tax office said " web camera" is in the parcel, not much paid in way of sales tax 30 DKkr, but the handling fee of 160 Dkkr make out for the biggest part.
TBH i really dont understand how they can ask such a high handling fee, 160 is what a sort of well paid unskilled worker get here for 1 hour of work,,,,,, and it do not take 1 hour to clear 1 god damn parcel.

Weather not really nice for working with the car, temps are fluctuating between -1 and -5, but tomorrow are low on wind so i might be able to do something in my underground resort for installing stuff in a dry place. :)

Just spotted the video, I like the way it reduces your music volume while speaking :unsure: :

I just had a thought I forgot to ask, in the video the internal cable has the square notch for the bracket.

To the people that have bought the A139, did you have notches on any of the camera cables?

I just had a thought I forgot to ask, in the video the internal cable has the square notch for the bracket.

To the people that have bought the A139, did you have notches on any of the camera cables?
Well spotted. Looks like only on the internal one doesn’t it.
looking at the product pics on their website, it doesn’t show any of the cables having that but also they’re all straight ends, my test one has a 90 degree on one end of the interior cable.

The test cams cables seem to all have one straight and one angled end on both cables. The newest production cable I've seen is Kamkars, and those are both two straight ends. None so far has has the locking portion molded onto the cam calbes except for the one in Viofo's video, but IIRC someone mentioned having the locking portion on the power cable of their HWK. With the knurling on the connectors it's a simple matter to mold the locking portion onto the cam cables ;) Still haven't seen the locking plate offered or in use by an owner or tester, but I'm sure all will happen in time ;)

Phil

Reactions: Mtz
I think maybe viofo hold those cables with locking molds for people asking for the "fleet" version with "locking" bracket.
Dont make much sense for us regular users.
I forgot to notice what ends was on the cables with the new camera, TBH i would prefer to have a angled plug in the camera end ( would not make much sense in the main unit end )

I have just cleaned parts of my windscreen from old residue from older cameras, on smooth glass it was no problem, but on the dotted area ( that in my car seem to be baked on the inside of the winscreen ) it was another matter.
I did get it sort of clean and a lot cleaner than it was before i set off, but a good half hours with a old T- shirt and Kent speedy 500 did not clear it all on the dotted area.

I will do a thread soon on my cleaning effort with some phone pics.
Also i installed the A139 main camera today, but temperatures are low so the 2 other cameras will have to wait, also i want to try again to go strait in over the headliner and i need "something" i dont have to do that.

Made my inboxing video yesterday.

With the short distance of your roofline, it might be easy to get in the headliner at the hatch with a fishing rod to pull the cable through. Shouldn't hurt the car or the rod.

I always seem to find things to work with to get jobs done- where there's a Phil, there's a way :ROFLMAO::cool:

Phil

Yeah i can pull down headliner and look in a few feet, but then it is like the headliner are glued to the roof, or at least right up against it, but i do think that is where the roof support crossbar are, right where the B pillars are.
So back then i gave up just by the look of things, but now i want to get something pointy and poke at it :) CUZ there is no holding back a desperate man.

Made my inboxing video yesterday ... And that's how you get it...
Viofo does a better job of the packaging, you have a couple of empty plastic bags in there!

Nice video though

Hey guys, can the a129pro or the a139 tell you if a g sensor event happened? Does it have the possibility to notify you in any way or you just have to look at the car and if you see a hit watch the footage?

I dont think the viofo cameras give you a notification if you get back to your car and start it, and there have been a event.
Which are kind of sad and also not something viofo are alone with, so if it is a small thing you might not notice it for a long time.

There should be a notification for G sensor events while parked i think, it is one of the smart features i would like in a dashcam.

I must stress i am guessing here as the A139 is my first camera from viofo but i do not have a hard wire kit so can not test these things.

Back