Starting voice recording..... voice recording off.... starting voice recording... voice recording off

reach4thelasers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so done with Blackvues flagship dashcam - it is an absolute piece of garbage. It is bad enough that I need to push the button to turn off wifi every time I get in the car, or else have it start randomly saying "wifi connection already in use". (Why can't the Wifi default to OFF, and on the rare occasion I actually need it, I will push the button to switch it on??).

Now for the last 4 days its been saying "Starting voice recording.... Voice recording off... Starting voice recording.... voice recording off." In a neverending loop with a 5-second pause. Honestly it's a £500 of pure annoyance. I'm so irritated.

Welcome to the forums. I am new as well. Just had this same dash cam installed in my car. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

One of the biggest draws of the BlackVue are cloud capability and parking mode. Wifi functionality is probably default enabled upon the camera's boot up sequence to allow Blackvue cameras to automatically reconnect to the cloud if the cam reboots, e.g., scheduled reboot or coming back online after a high-temp shutdown. My DR900X connects to a hotspot inside the car to talk to the cloud.

For "wifi connection already in use" when you get into the car - sounds like you need to disable your phone from auto-joining your DR900X wifi connection.

Regarding the looping voice recording on/off - perhaps something is triggering the proximity sensor. Check to see if the plastic film from the side of the camera was removed. Also, check to see if the proximity sensor is mounted too closely to the rear-view mirror or other device.

I'm so done with Blackvues flagship dashcam - it is an absolute piece of garbage. It is bad enough that I need to push the button to turn off wifi every time I get in the car, or else have it start randomly saying "wifi connection already in use". (Why can't the Wifi default to OFF, and on the rare occasion I actually need it, I will push the button to switch it on??).
If Blackvue didn't remove it (doubt it), these options are in the app... And "Wifi connection already in use" is most likely caused by two devices which are set to connect to it automatically.

Now for the last 4 days its been saying "Starting voice recording.... Voice recording off... Starting voice recording.... voice recording off." In a neverending loop with a 5-second pause. Honestly it's a £500 of pure annoyance. I'm so irritated.
Haven't you mounted it next to something like a rosary beads hanging on your mirror? As @mirror stated above, those quotes are triggered by the proximity sensor on the side which picks something near.

I've experienced similar issues with my DR750X-2CH Plus that's only a couple of months old. At first, I couldn't figure out how to get it to stop telling me that "WiFi connection already in use". My first "fix" was to turn off WiFi on my phone, which seemed to work fine, at least at first. More digging told me I needed to toggle off Auto Join in the Blackvue network WiFi connection setting on my iPhone. But I'd still get that damned message sometimes, until I realized it was my Apple Watch that had connected to the Blackvue network. So I was able to dig into the watch settings and told it to forget the Blackvue network. But beware! After changing those settings, apparently Apple disregards those changes when you install updates...so now I have to remember to change them again after updates.

I don't have the "Starting voice recording...Voice recording off...starting voice recording.." issue you've described, so I can't speak to that one.

The only other issue I have is when I have a passenger in the car and park the car in the garage. When I turn off the car, my camera tells me "Parking mode on...Parking mode off...Parking mode on..." until I get out of the car and close the door. This doesn't seem to happen when it's just me in the car. No idea what's causing this issue.

Back