Still makes sense to buy V119V3

I would definitely go for the Mini 2 over the WM1. At $89 dollars I would grab it before it gets away, assuming the offer is legit.

Compared to the Mini 2 or the V3, the WM1 really is an entry level cam.
Oh wow never knew that. Considering sticker price, I assumed WM1 would have the same performance as a119v3, if not better.

Oh wow never knew that. Considering sticker price, I assumed WM1 would have the same performance as a119v3, if not better.

My understanding is "not quite". And the V3 is better than the WM1. But ask Panzer, he's tested all three. I think you'll be happier with the Mini 2 at any rate.

Agreed. For rear dashcam I would like something small thats 1CH. What would you recommend? Is the mini 2 relatively better than WM1? Assume price be the same. As eBay has Mini 2 for 89

Considering sticker price, I assumed WM1 would have the same performance as a119v3, if not better.

Actually, @Batman, I'm a bit confused. I was initially responding to your post comparing the WM1 and the Mini 2, but now you're asking about the V3 compared to the WM1.

Actually, @Batman, I'm a bit confused. I was initially responding to your post comparing the WM1 and the Mini 2, but now you're asking about the V3 compared to the WM1.

Oh I was comparing WM1 to mini 2 for rear dashcam. I'm ruling out a119v3/mini because of the size for rear.

For the main camera, I am debating between a119v3, a119 mini2 vs expensive a139 pro.

Oh I was comparing WM1 to mini 2 for rear dashcam. I'm ruling out a119v3/mini because of the size for rear.

OK. Also to answer your question, I believe the V3 has a slightly better quality lens than the WM1 and therefore a bit sharper image.

For the main camera, I am debating between a119v3, a119 mini2 vs expensive a139 pro.

Like I said earlier, if you can get the Mini 2 for $89.00 I would grab it. The Starvis 2 sensor is impressive and it does beat out the Starvis sensor in the V3. The V3 for 80 bucks is a fantastic price but so is the Mini 2 for $89.00.

Like I said earlier, if you can get the Mini 2 for $89.00 I would grab it. The Starvis 2 sensor is impressive and it does beat out the Starvis sensor in the V3. The V3 for 80 bucks is a fantastic price but so is the Mini 2 for $89.00.

Sorry for the confusion. I was replying to panzer and asking about Garmin Mini 2 and availability in ebay for $89. A119 mini 2, the least is $110 at AliExpress.
For rear, I think panzer was suggesting Garmin Mini 2 over WM1.

I'm assuming this is the latest Viofo A119 Mini 2 that has just been released and uses the latest Starvis sensor.

Sorry for the confusion. I was replying to panzer and asking about Garmin Mini 2 and availability in ebay for $89. A119 mini 2, the least is $110 at AliExpress.
For rear, I think panzer was suggesting Garmin Mini 2 over WM1.

I thought the $89.00 price for the A119 Mini 2 might be too good to be true. That's why I said earlier, "assuming the offer is legit".

Last edited:
The Low Audio Volume Level of the Mini 2 has been fixed as of this morning.

Is there any particular reason you are quoting me completely out of context here or are you still trolling me because you are still freaked out by my mentioning very basic high school level trigonometry?

Is there any particular reason you are quoting me
If you click the link I copy & pasted it takes you directly to my post showing the audio fix.
For some reason the link shows your quote because your post is at the top of page 6 in the thread.
I noticed this before.
@DashCamMan is there any way to fix this?
-Chuck

If you click the link I copy & pasted it takes you directly to my post showing the audio fix.
For some reason the link shows your quote because your post is at the top of page 6 in the thread.
I noticed this before.
-Chuck

Hmmmm...... :unsure: It's an entirely different post.

I noticed this before.
-Chuck
This appears to be how URL unfurling is designed in Xenforo where the link goes to the correct spot but the snippet shows the first post on the page.

Unfurling URLs in Xenforo

You can avoid it by using the "Insert Link" button and adding the URL that way with any description you want. I used it above in the link and it didn't unfurl.

Here is the same link without using the insert link button (it is unfurled).

You can avoid it by using the "Insert Link" button
Thank you so much, I will do that from now on.
If I can figure it out.
I figured out how to hide my giant screenshots that one member was complaining about with the spoiler alert function, but I couldn't figure out how to "caption" it.
You are talking to an old dog trying to learn new tricks. lol
-Chuck

Okay Im pulling trigger on a119min2 with cpl. It's like 97 shipped to me after aliexpress coupons. I do get 10% cashback from retailmenot. So that's like $88 after all the ordeal.

1686855939659.png

the a119v3 is going back. Now gotta find something thats good for my rear dashcam that doesnt occupy too much real estate.

this thread helped me if someone is looking for,

I am also surprised with the brand support in the forum. Typically, I don't hold high on Chinese brands but VIOFO maybe an exception. If they continue to hold support and offer CS with price-to-value dashcams, I think they could win the US market.

After a run of various Nextbase models with vibration and 'being ugly' I got a A119V2 and the footage quality was instantly an improvement. I got my first V3 when they came out and for me the footage is superb. I got a second one as a backup so I wouldn't have to rewire as the newer models are USBC.

After a run of various Nextbase models with vibration and 'being ugly' I got a A119V2 and the footage quality was instantly an improvement. I got my first V3 when they came out and for me the footage is superb. I got a second one as a backup so I wouldn't have to rewire as the newer models are USBC.

It may be worth re wiring. I use the dongar adapter and even then I got remove my some to put new cable. But I'm making it.

It depends on what you're after.

The footage from both my V3's, that I use in rotation, are perfectly acceptable to me. All the detail I require is there and they have been 100% reliable.

Also, my old Nextbase HWK is a simple 2 wire one that only fires up the dashcam when the ignition is on. No permanent hot wire which I prefer.

Back