Still worth buying?

PirateJoshua

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought an A119v2 in November and I like it. It's a nice upgrade from my G1W-C with the GPS, firmware updates, and SD card warnings.

I want to buy another one for my mom because she went to pull off footage from her G1W-C and realized it hasn't been recording for 2 months even though it was blinking like it was recording. The SD card went bad and it didn't tell her. This is something the A119 DOES tell you (thank you!).

The only thing is these cameras cost $120 in Canada, so I am wondering if it's still the recommended camera, or if there's something better that has come out?

Great to know I've not been missing out on some new fancy dashcam. Just purchased another for my mom. Thanks!

In April of last year, I bought an a119 V1. A little before Christmas, bought an A118-c2 as my rear camera as it the least expensive recommended camera. For $20 more, the A119 with GPS is well worth it.

The latest 2018 production of A119 V2 (and A119S V2) is better than ever. Evolution in quality is dialed in quite nice. We just got them in a few weeks ago. (Both Amazon.com and Amazon.CA)

The latest 2018 production of A119 V2 (and A119S V2) is better than ever. Evolution in quality is dialed in quite nice.

I'd love to see the graphs in Sales of both the A119 and A119s over the past 12 months in different Countries. Both seem popular and it would be interesting to see the buying trends of these two models. With the recent upgrade to the A119 ... have people been favouring those? ... or are people inclined to go for the better night vision of the 's' model?

It would be interesting to watch the trends ... and why this is occurring What was the Sales graph of the WR1 like since its introduction ... along with some expert analysis of why the model succeeded or failed to win over first time buyers ... or excite Dash Cam enthusiasts to add one to their collection.

Another question - if the WR1 didn't reach either Sales expectations ... or those of the buyers ... will VIOFO continue to develop this model and bring out an improved WR2 model?

Last edited:
We don’t currently sell the WR1 only A119/A119S. I think it’s a bit tough supporting a dashcam with no screen. It makes setup difficult when WiFi or customers phone isn’t quite right casing frustration and bad reviews. Having a small screen is a must I think. Even the new GitUp F1 (tiny 4K action camera) has a small screen so it’s a bit clearer what’s going on.

Agree ... I initially was impressed with the circular design of the WR1 ... only lost interest when it was Wi-fi and no screen. Pity
The other detraction was the chunky mount, imo.

The latest 2018 production of A119 V2 (and A119S V2) is better than ever. Evolution in quality is dialed in quite nice. We just got them in a few weeks ago. (Both Amazon.com and Amazon.CA)

Whats different between that and a119 v2 bought in q4 of 2017?

There are always minor improvements between each production. (With any product) There are minor component upgrades that fix occasional issues that have popped up in the past for some. It’s more of an evolution than a revolution. (Not V3 title worthy). If you don’t have a problem you’re all good.

Back