stops recording after 17 seconds

Moggz101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have had the Nextbasr 422GW for 3 years now. It is hardwired into the car, has a rear facing camera attached to it, and the nextbase U3 64gb sd card. 2 weeks ago it randomly stopped recording after 17 seconds, and freezes up. The time and date disappear from the screen, and it dosen't allow you to turn it off, but the battery is charging during that time. When I turn the engine off it springs to life for another 17 seconds then freezes and turns off when the battery dies. I upgraded to the latest firmware last week in the hope it would help, but it hasn't. It keeps losing its connection when we try to connect it to the Nextbase app as well.

Many thanks for any input!

Hello,

Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now start normally? If you leave it on, does it stay on for more than 17 seconds and after that time can you use the buttons (e.g. press the settings button successfully)?

Insert the SD card again. If you remove the rear camera, does it then record past 17 seconds?

If you format the SD card, does it then record past 17 seconds?

If the camera works without the SD card, but not with, please let me know the following:
When and where was the Nextbase 64Gb U3 SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

HI Millie,

Many thanks for getting back to me. After reseting, the camera still only records for 17 seconds, but, I can now use the menu options and turn the camers off after it stops recording. I couldn't do than before.

Without the SD card in it, it won't record at all. It asks for the SD card. It will also only record for 17 seconds regadless if the rear camera is in or not.

The SD card is only a few weeks old, and was formatted in the dash cam, as well as on a Windows PC (exFAT and without the quick format as suggested on the website). The previous SD card was a 32Gb card, that I have had for about 2 years. It was formatted every 4 weeks give or take, and changing the SD card has had no effect on the situation.

All SD cards and the DashCam parts were bought from Halfords

Many Thanks
Morag

I would give the SDCard a workout to check it's OK

The 2 Windows programs I would use are :

h2testw and Speedout 0.5

Hi Morag,

I think it's best to try a replacement SD card as it does sound like an SD card failure. I've messaged you directly for your details.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V 422GW 1
B 422GW 4
M 422GW 5
D 422GW 4
Back