Stops recording intermittent (sometimes a couple of days)

is it an a circuit that comes on with accessories or only with ignition?

Hi Jokiin, it's switched when the ignition is on. All accessories (radio etc) are permanent 12V in the fuse box, there's some other controller under the dash which turns power on/off to these devices when you unlock the car, put the key in etc. An example is my auxiliary power port powers on as soon as you unlock the car and switches power off 10mins after you exit the car. The fuse I'm using is one of only a few that are switched (the others are airbags and things I don't want to play with). Getting complicated these new cars :confused:

Hi Jokiin, it's switched when the ignition is on. All accessories (radio etc) are permanent 12V in the fuse box, there's some other controller under the dash which turns power on/off to these devices when you unlock the car, put the key in etc. An example is my auxiliary power port powers on as soon as you unlock the car and switches power off 10mins after you exit the car. The fuse I'm using is one of only a few that are switched (the others are airbags and things I don't want to play with). Getting complicated these new cars :confused:

yeah new cars are getting worse all the time, some are difficult to work with at the best of times, it could be a problem adapter though, might be best if I send you a new adapter anyway so you can test, you're postcode is 2209 yeah?

Thanks mate, yeah it's 2209. I was thinking about power but would it be that intermittent? It worked fine coming home from the shops etc. Wouldn't like you to waste postage etc for nothing :eek:

Thanks mate, yeah it's 2209. I was thinking about power but would it be that intermittent? It worked fine coming home from the shops etc. Wouldn't like you to waste postage etc for nothing :eek:

if power isn't stable it can have issues, will put a new adapter in the post for you tomorrow, even if you just bypass and test to cig plug you can know if there's an issue or not

Thanks for that Rick, I'll give it a go. Might even get under the dash next weekend if the rain stays away and check all the connections under there again just in case something has become loose. I triple checked everything when I installed it but wont hurt to check again.
I was even thinking about doing away with the male/female cigarette power adapters seeing as your cable has the 12V-5V stepdown module separate from the plug but didn't want to void any warranty. It would be one less weak link in the chain but seemed to be working fine so left it.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great night.

regards,

Norm

I was even thinking about doing away with the male/female cigarette power adapters seeing as your cable has the 12V-5V stepdown module separate from the plug but didn't want to void any warranty.

would still cover you anyway, no issue there, anyway try another power adapter first and see how it goes, you'll have it before the weekend

GC did the same thing again this morning just after leaving home. I noticed the REC light wasn't blinking, just solid light and no buttons would function. Couldn't even turn it off. I switched the ignition off/on at a set of lights and after the cam booted back up it was fine for the remainder of the trip to work. (Also worked fine this arvo)

Again, the last file in the sequence was corrupted but Registrator Viewer repaired it (second repair option). Also again no GPS data was logged. It's interesting that even though the cam seemed to be locked up it was still recording, just the last file corrupted probably due to not being able to shut down properly. This is good in as even though locked up I'd still have video in case I needed it (touch wood) :cool:

No need to reply jokiin, just thought I'd let you know. I'll see how the new power cord goes when I receive it and keep my fingers and toes crossed :p

Norm

Power lead was sent out today so you should get it tomorrow, never know with Australia Post but it's only coming from Moorebank so hopefully tomorrow

This is normally either power or memory card related so just a matter of trying a few things to work it out

Thanks jokiin. I'm using a 128GB Transcend card so hopefully it's okay but if not it won't be too hard for me to obtain an RA from my supplier for a replacement card, no worries there. Working in a purchasing dept does have it's perks sometimes :D.
I'll have to try lots of short trips etc when I get the new power lead to give it a good workout before I rip off the A-pillar trim once again to install it permanently. At least I have that down to a 5 minute job now ;)

Regards,

Norm

Thanks jokiin. I'm using a 128GB Transcend card so hopefully it's okay but if not it won't be too hard for me to obtain an RA from my supplier for a replacement card, no worries there. Working in a purchasing dept does have it's perks sometimes :D.
I'll have to try lots of short trips etc when I get the new power lead to give it a good workout before I rip off the A-pillar trim once again to install it permanently. At least I have that down to a 5 minute job now ;)

Regards,

Norm

can you format the card and then test with this when you get a chance http://www.mediafire.com/download/t4da2v0v7axs9cz/h2testw_1.4.zip and let me know the results?

Shall do jokiin, will take a little while as I'll need to copy the 40GB of files off the card before formatting it (I'm a file hoarder :oops:).
I'll report back with the results when done.

Okay, looks like this is going to take a few hours :eek: (currently still has over 2 hours of writing to go, not sure how long to verify) so maybe wont report back tonight. Might jump on and give you the results tomorrow morning when I get to work, if not tomorrow arvo when I get home. :)

Thanks once again for your help with this Rick.

Okay, looks like this is going to take a few hours :eek: (currently still has over 2 hours of writing to go, not sure how long to verify) so maybe wont report back tonight. Might jump on and give you the results tomorrow morning when I get to work, if not tomorrow arvo when I get home. :)

Thanks once again for your help with this Rick.

yeah will take a while, if you can leave it running and just post the details back when you get a chance

Yeah, I'll leave it running overnight. I'm running it in my lounge connected to my TV Server so wont be a problem ;)

Edit: Okay, test reported no errors after writing to the card and verifying. At least that's one possible cause crossed off the list ☺

Last edited:
Above post updated. Should have added a whole new post so you'd know it was updated...

Yeah, I'll leave it running overnight. I'm running it in my lounge connected to my TV Server so wont be a problem ;)

Edit: Okay, test reported no errors after writing to the card and verifying. At least that's one possible cause crossed off the list ☺

what were the numbers reported?

Results below jokiin..

Warning: Only 123114 of 123115 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 12.7 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Norm

Back