Stops recording intermittent (sometimes a couple of days)

Yeah PC only has USB2 and is getting on in years. It's also my TV server so was recording a couple of shows while I was watching others. Didn't ever get great speeds even writing to a USB HDD...

I should have asked but the card was formatted in the camera, not your PC yeah?
Yeah, formated in the camera (nearly lost it as I dropped it when returning inside from the car so had to search with my torch )

jokiin needs to develop a little tool that removes the card from the camera easily without risk of loss.

:D Nah, I don't have any problems inserting or removing the card, it's just that usually I insert it into the reader straight away (stored in my center console) but last night I just popped out to the car to format it so only took the card.

Dropped it on the asphalt driveway when getting back out of the car and Murphy's law stated that of course it landed label side down so it was a tiny black card laying on a black surface in the black of night:mad: Stuffed if I was leaving a $75 card there over night so used the torch function on my phone to hunt it down :cool:

Anyway, I'm really here to report I had no problems with recordings to or from work today and also found the new power adapter waiting on my steps when I got home (really appreciate that jokiin).

I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. I really need to plug it into the female adapter I've installed under the dash where the other adapter gets it's power from but that depends on if this rain hangs around or not tomorrow (it's hidden behind the fuse box in the passenger foot well).

Many thanks again Rick.

Regards,

Norm

Yeah, Transcend or someone should come out with the 'glow in the dark' edition micro SD card :D

Good idea. I can envision other uses involving pumpkins in late october...

jokiin needs to develop a little tool that removes the card from the camera easily without risk of loss.

I am thinking a tray like many phones have for the sim card / or 2 sim cards / or 1 sim card and 1 micro SD card.

galaxy-s7-dual-sim.jpg

I assume such a thing is off the shelf nowdays.

My SG9665GC and the Innovv C3 in the only cameras where i take out the sd card, all the other ones i take the whole camera with me when i need footage off them.

I am thinking a tray like many phones have for the sim card / or 2 sim cards / or 1 sim card and 1 micro SD card.

galaxy-s7-dual-sim.jpg

I assume such a thing is off the shelf nowdays.

My SG9665GC and the Innovv C3 in the only cameras where i take out the sd card, all the other ones i take the whole camera with me when i need footage off them.

How do you eject the tray though? I don't have a problem inserting or ejecting the card although I could see people who have really short finger nails or chubby fingers could have a problem.

The best solution I can think of in these circumstances is having the area of the case around the SD card slot (IE: a 1cm circumference circle) that itself slides in a couple of mm. Instead of needing to dig into the slot the press the card, you press the circle which slides in until your finger presses on the card and ejects it.

3OE7bfg.jpg

Might not be as easy as it seems though as the plastic 'button' would have to clear the internal components.. Just a thought though :cool:

Norm

I think those trays are meant to be used while the phone is flat on a table, and that is hard to copy with a dashcam on a windscreen.

But i think the trays are spring loaded like the SD cards them self are in the current slots, but at least such a tray is much larger to handle.
And i think even if the tray is not horisontal and the SD card dont stick to the tray i still think it will be more manageable to insert and take out the little SD card.

We are quite a fjew in here that have launched a micro SD card, and a fjew had to get a new card, myself i was lucky to find my brand new 64Gb card.

If the current kind of SD sockets was able to be less deep in the devise it would help a lot, in my card reader the card still stick out about 1 mm when the card is clicked in place.

I just think that it would help to have a bigger hole for the card - now it's opened just from upper side. But if it would be opened from bottom side too there would be no need to use nail to press the card, we could use more of the finger. Or? :)

3OE7bfg.jpg

Back