Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

I should add, if you have one of the hardware modules then it will continue to record activity until your battery drops down to your pre-selected level and then power to the camera will cut and you will still have enough to start your car. If you don't have a hard wire kit and you have an always on power port you can kill your battery. But easy lasts for a few days while still being able to start the car. At more than a week pointing at the intersection leading to the elementary school (busy intersection in the morning and afternoon the battery did finally die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies - I think I understand the functionality now. I hear what people say about the low voltage cut-off switch, but I am already quite disciplined in pulling out the adaptor in the cig socket in order to turn off the satnav that is already in there, together with a phone charger. Just have to retrain myself to do something different when I want to keep power on the camera - which won't be that often actually as I'm retired so don't use the car anywhere near as much as I used to.

I'll be going for the G after Xmas when funds are recouped - I've just bought 'Her Indoors' a new smart phone, and I have a very poorly doggy with an enlarged heart with vet bills currently over £700!!

Del

I do have one more question/comment re the G. As the camera does not have a battery, the 'capture' function must be of limited use. I envisaged using the camera to take more detailed pics in the event of a smash, but this is not possible unless I carry spare lead/batteries. Comments anyone??

This does not affect my choice of the G as the capture function was not on my list of requirements anyway!

Del

I do have one more question/comment re the G. As the camera does not have a battery, the 'capture' function must be of limited use. I envisaged using the camera to take more detailed pics in the event of a smash, but this is not possible unless I carry spare lead/batteries. Comments anyone??

This does not affect my choice of the G as the capture function was not on my list of requirements anyway!

Del
I guess your personal mobile phone cam help you out in those situations if it has a camera ?

Whenever your are ready to buy a G, I am ready to help you out ;)

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-series-uk-irl-europe-union-distributor.8754/

Niko
I watched your videos where you powered the X1 with an Anker power supply. I am wondering if this can also be done with the G for temporary recording while making quick stops. If so which Anker model or something similar do you recommend.

Thanks
Chip

Niko
I watched your videos where you powered the X1 with an Anker power supply. I am wondering if this can also be done with the G for temporary recording while making quick stops. If so which Anker model or something similar do you recommend.

Thanks
Chip
Panorama G series can be powered also via microusb port from external powerbank. I have an Anker E4 13'000Mah. Check out Amazon.co.uk, they have a good deal on it. Also there is a newer E5 version out.
The only drawback of powering via 5V microusb port is that it will not start up / rec automatically. You have to turn it on manually buy on/off button on the unit.

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew about using the on/off button from watching your helpful videos. Now to find the proper Anker model here in the States.

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew about using the on/off button from watching your helpful videos. Now to find the proper Anker model here in the States.
Unfort tapatalk dont show user location so I assumed you are from UK when replaying via mobile phone. Should use more often a browser DCT login for location-related answers. There are many good powerbanks out there but Anker is what I have had a good experience with. I am glad can find it in US.

Niko

Thanks
Chip

I have made a video to show Panorama G working with external power-bank

Ordered one a while back for 'myself' for Christmas. lol.
Got it early, that's a good thing this way I can get everything setup.

Took it for a quick trip last night when we went out to dinner.
Windshield in the Van was a little dirty.
I drive a Truck, so it's not staying in the Van anyway.
It was a little Foggy/Misty last night.

The pic is a screencap from Registration Viewer Software..

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hi Jon, sorry for bothering I've been out for a few months...

Anyway I'm still running the original 1.0 firmware on my G shipped in summer. I've been trying to see if you can guide me into finding the latest firmware for the cam. I've peeked thru all 23 pages of this thread and looks like there are some interesting new features like higher bitrates and settings coming. I'm excited to get into it!

Thanks!!

Does the Motion Sensor have to be turned of for it to record properly?

Back