Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

It's on the long term wish list. Best to put some bits of tape over them for now. Maybe create a little flap with black semi-stick painters tape.

Correction "Black Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Ties"
Done and Done [emoji481]
d778f2626b2a13ce7a0bc9241a8b4b63.jpg

74aa0756b8e19a22970db80ca9186eaa.jpg

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/New-CPLv2.8101/
+1
Blacked out front and back (Buttons and Blue LED), good for parking mode at night.
6e3e6b3ab3186f515f875661f5fe628a.jpg

092cf1f1e60c99f5511966946a5e8f4f.jpg

c3fa650865bf9466d1e5dbd09ad97daa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally do a lot of work night time driving and the buttons and light do not affect me. Of course I have a laptop and equipment all over, too. I like the flashing blue light to let me know it's functioning. After you consider that most mirrors have a clock and compass LED's, dashes have lighted radios, GPS, and gauges, there is a lot of light facing your eyes at night. I would reconsider your placement of the dash cam if that light bothers you. There is enough view angle, you could potentially place it in the opposite corner of your windshield and it will still capture what you need. If you are sensitive to it. I think, given a few hours of driving, your mind will tune out that flashing light.

I found the same thing that after a couple of days the lights don't bother me any more.
As I have it fitted in a van that doesn't have a rear view mirror I found that the camera itself was more of a distraction as it was something new in my view but have soon got used to it

In some cases it's just not safe to leave working dashcam with all that red light and blinking blue light at night when parking mode enabled. In same time flashing blue led letting me know that camera functioning properly.

Just received my Street Guardian SGZC12SG, setting it up now, quick question, time zone is set to GMT 00 (Based in UK) and the summer time is enabled, time is showing plus one hour actual time, what is my correct setting?

Just received my Street Guardian SGZC12SG, setting it up now, quick question, time zone is set to GMT 00 (Based in UK) and the summer time is enabled, time is showing plus one hour actual time, what is my correct setting?

Jon (Pier28) is correct. You will need to enable it again on March 29th when the clocks go forward an hour.

Welcome to the G club
Summer time should not be enabled, that is for Daylight Savings time 1 hour offset correction.
Thanks trying to get my head round this

[Note] The camera will periodically sync the time and date via
GPS, if you are in a region that supports summertime or DST
(Daylight Savings Time) offsets then it will be necessary to enter
the timezone settings menu and set the summertime setting ON
or OFF according to local requirement, the timezone will not need
to be altered once correctly set for your region.

I have read this a few times but for some reason it never sinks in (Mental Block)

Jon (Pier28) is correct. You will need to enable it again on March 29th when the clocks go forward an hour.
For some reason (mental block again) I assumed it was a set and forget.

Thanks guys for the quick answers,

How many of us have hard wired our Panorama G?

With the way Motion Detection works on the G, what is the favoured setting on a Multi Safer type device?
For my circumstances mainly short Journeys never over 3 hours continuous driving, in normally moderate UK temps , newish car VW Tiguan I am thinking between 12.2v cut off or 6 hours cut off, don't need motion after 6 hours of parking.

I have read Nikos thread on this type of set up, but with the way Motion detection works with the G, I thought best posting here.
I would prefer best option to put less strain on battery so I am leaning towards 6 hour cut off, unless I am not understanding this system correctly.

Hey All, first post here, I have reading up a lot on Dash Cams, purchased a Transend cam but returned it do to the date / time resetting if the car was not used for 3 days. This really defeated the purpose if having a Dash Cam that I can install and forget about.

I am really liking what I am reading about the Panorama-G and had a few questions
* From what I have read, the date and time are sync'ed via GPS. I have also read that you cannot turn off GPS. Has this been resolved? I just don't want GPS data on my videos I don't mind if it has GPS.
* Does this DashCam have audio recording, and if so can it be turned on and off? Edit: I think I see that this is true, you can have audio and mute it
* It looks as if the DashCam can swivel, is this correct? I want to be able to turn the camera to the driver / passenger side if I were to be pulled over

Thank you all

Last edited:
Hey All, first post here, I have reading up a lot on Dash Cams, purchased a Transend cam but returned it do to the date / time resetting if the car was not used for 3 days. This really defeated the purpose if having a Dash Cam that I can install and forget about.

I am really liking what I am reading about the Panorama-G and had a few questions
* From what I have read, the date and time are sync'ed via GPS. I have also read that you cannot turn off GPS. Has this been resolved? I just don't want GPS data on my videos I don't mind if it has GPS.
* Does this DashCam have audio recording, and if so can it be turned on and off? Edit: I think I see that this is true, you can have audio and mute it
* It looks as if the DashCam can swivel, is this correct? I want to be able to turn the camera to the driver / passenger side if I were to be pulled over

Thank you all

Welcome Kurt, that's too bad about the Transcend not being very good quality. It's not talked about much in the forums, so go figure.

You can strip out the GPS data when you export a clip in RegistratorViewer.

Yes audio is recorded and you can quickly mute it via physical mute button (front top button) or in the settings touch screen menu as well

You can pan/tilt swivel 360, or have total free 360 degree of ball socket action movement depending which mount you like the best. (USA edition comes with a few)

I have read Nikos thread on this type of set up, but with the way Motion detection works with the G, I thought best posting here.
I would prefer best option to put less strain on battery so I am leaning towards 6 hour cut off, unless I am not understanding this system correctly.
You should be fine with the 12.2V setting - I'm in a Passat CC with a six month old battery and I had no issues at all with it running well over six hours.

I'm actually running 12.1V at the moment and I haven't had any issues starting the car (apart from the one time I was playing around and turned off the limit altogether and nearly got stranded in a shopping estate car park :D )

The biggest issue you may have is fully charging the battery if you only do short trips, but the G uses hardly any power and so should last for a good while - mine literally lasted days in that config like you have :)

Welcome Kurt,

You can strip out the GPS data when you export a clip in RegistratorViewer.

Thank you Pier28, When you say export the clip via Registrator Viewer. Do you need to use software to export the video from the Memory card or are the videos written in .mov (or some standard video format) to where I can just view videos from my laptop?

Back