Stupid Bulgarian driver was driving too close to the lorry.

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
Date: 8th October 2014 - Ignore the date and time on the clock, it had not been set.
Approx. GPS location N 42° 41.245' E 027° 41.592'

This stupid Bulgarian driver was driving too fast and too close to the lorry ahead of him, the lorry braked and he had to swerve to avoid hitting the back of the lorry.

I was lucky to have a layby on my right to avoid hitting him.
- Excuse the bad language ;)

Recorded with a K6000 dashcam.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
You have a very good reaction ! This saved you and him from bad consequences.

Welcome to sunny beach :rolleyes:

Nice bit of driving on your part :cool:

Thanks! :)
I learnt how to drive many years ago, lived and drove in London where you need fast reactions and eyes in the back of your head all the time!

That was crazy.
Free advise, do turn your headlights on, even in day time, not much to loose really....

That was crazy.
Free advice, do turn your headlights on, even in daytime, not much to loose really....

This is a very good idea. :)
It is compulsory to drive with headlamps on all the time in Bulgaria even in bright sunshine.

I do 3000km a week(in many different roads) I can tell you cars with headlights on are spotted by us truckies much further and that can only help out the car drivers that have their lights on, it will take authorities here some 20 years before making it mandatory for all cars to have lights on 24/7. I wonder who/what is stopping them anyway?

that or the "greenies" complaining that having lights on during the day wastes energy and pollutes or something. kinda like when some french group of hippies tried to have the motorway speed limit lowered to 20 km/h to "stop the mindless slaughter of insects". i can't find a link about it, probably because it was in the 90s, before the internet was really getting going.

that said i believe in canada you're expected to have all lights (not just headlights) on whenever teh car is in motion. at least, that's how i understand it, and since some canadian market vehicles i've seen do this for you automatically...

side note - my dad used to say "sunny beach" instead of a similar-sounding phrase that begins with "son of a ..." :D

Back