Sudden Problem with A119 (Constantly asking for Card Format?)

psychojet

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I have had my A119 hardwired and working perfectly for almost a month recording to a 64 GB G.Skill Class 10 card. I've even taken it out to view the recordings a couple of times and reformatted after each time with no problem. All of a sudden yesterday, I started to get the blue screen constant beeping to format the card (even though the card had not been removed). I followed the direction and formatted via the unit and it worked fine. Today, I got the same blue screen and beeping 5 min into my drive and then after reformatting, the same thing came up again after another 5 min! What is going on and how to resolve?

Not yet, but I will try this afternoon. I actually have two separate A119 hardwired into my minivan, one in the front and one in the back. The front unti is older by 2-3 weeks and has worked perfectly. I'll switch the microSD cards between the two to test. I'll report back after I test it later.

Try the beta firmware if you are in original firmware.

This happened to me too. All of a sudden it started asking me to reformat everytime i started my car.
I formatted the card and haven't had an issue since.

I also considered updating to the latest firmware but haven't done so yet. Anyone out there experiencing issues with the latest firmware? I don't know why, but I'm always hesitant to update firmware right away, be it phones, computers, or dashcams:(

I would definitely update to the latest official firmware Viofo released at the end of Auguast. Format errors, as well as other things, have been addressed since the original version.

So, my issue appears to be a defective microsdxc card in the rear A119 unit. I swapped the memory card of the rear (G.Skill) with the one in the front (Lexar) and now the front one is constantly giving me the "memory card error" and "please format" message whereas the rear unit is operating fine.

This happened to me too. All of a sudden it started asking me to reformat everytime i started my car.
I formatted the card and haven't had an issue since.

I also considered updating to the latest firmware but haven't done so yet. Anyone out there experiencing issues with the latest firmware? I don't know why, but I'm always hesitant to update firmware right away, be it phones, computers, or dashcams:(
I was getting that issue but after firmware update, no more prompt.

Back