Super Capacitor role

Ladanow

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
I understand that the Super Capacitor acts as a battery for the parking monitor mode when there is no other source of power connected (hardware kit is not used)

So it relies on the internal charges inside the capacitor, and when any shake is detected, it will start recording for 20s.

I wanted to test that, i activated the parking monitor mode, i set the G-sensor sensitivity to highest, and i switched off the car, i waited for while, then i started to shake the car from out side, but it never started recording, i even took cam from its mount trying to shake it with my hands but it never started to record.

Is there anything wrong? or i miss understood the role of the capacitor?

I understand that the hardwire can deliver power with two modes (always on) or (on/off with car), but the capacitor should work anyway as should have enough internal charge that can do recording for 20s.

useing: Rexing V1P MAX

BR

In simple terms the role of the capacitor is to provide enough power to properly save the last video file in the event all power is removed from the camera. Generally it can only power the camera for a few (3-4) seconds.

Thanks

So if the car is off and there is no hardwire, and there is shake that triggers the g-sensor, shouldn't the capacitor start the camera and allow recording for few seconds?

Thanks

So if the car is off and there is no hardwire, and there is shake that triggers the g-sensor, shouldn't the capacitor start the camera and allow recording for few seconds?
No. In order for the g-sensor to detect the shake it needs to be powered. The capacitor doesn't have enough stored charge to do that.

Back