Switching in and out of data mode while in car

jeffjohnson123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm using a 5V 3A adapter wired into my cars interior light circut (with autodim). Often there is no problem with this configuration, the camera starts up when I unlock the car and will run continuously until 10 to 15 minutes after I leave the car and lock it. Occassionally, (usually after I've removed the camera to download video and reinstalled) the camera will cycle in and out of data mode (about every 3-5 seconds). Recovery usually involves removing the camera, turning it off, unpluging the usb cable (at the source), or some combination of these steps.
My guess is that the USB power adapter doesn't have proper termination on the data lines and they are floating which sometimes causes the camera to mis-interpret the type of USB connection it has (power, not data). Does anyone else have suggestions or ideas about what may be happening?
If I use the cigarette lighter adapter that came with the camera, I haven't noticed this problem.

Which firmware are you using ? Did you tried to revert to an older one (the 20140115 seems to be the most stable till now).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Mini 0801 6
G Mini 0801 21
boilers Mini 0801 9
Back